2018 Mosconi Cup tickets now on sale

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes, the 2017 event is barely in the rear view mirror, but Matchroom put 2018 Mosconi Cup tix on sale today on Matchroompool.com . As these tickets tend to sell out very quickly when the event is in England, you might want to make your move now.

I just bought my seat for the 2018 Mosconi. Hope to see you there next December.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the 2017 event is barely in the rear view mirror, but Matchroom put 2018 Mosconi Cup tix on sale today on Matchroompool.com . As these tickets tend to sell out very quickly when the event is in England, you might want to make your move now.

I just bought my seat for the 2018 Mosconi. Hope to see you there next December.
Hat's off to you sir. You are a glutton for punishment. :)

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
London is a great travel destination so there is plenty to do and see when you're not watching pool

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hat's off to you sir. You are a glutton for punishment. :)

I'm sure the atmosphere is great, and if one enjoys pool, just being part of this event is exciting.
And yes, London has many interesting sightseeing.

I don't think the OP is going there expecting to see Team U.S.A. win.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd rather schedule a root canal.

Lou Figueroa

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Is there a seating chart anywhere, or a way to choose what section your seats are in?

Eric

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Is there a seating chart anywhere, or a way to choose what section your seats are in?

Eric

I didn't see one, but one method of ticket purchase is by phone, and if you purchase that way, you might well be able to select a section and seat. According to the Matchroom website, the number is 0844 581 0888 but from the US you'd have to dial as follows:

011 44 0844 581 0888

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The price is only $760 for four-day-VIP passes, which includes other amenities. You can get seats for the Mosconi for 25 British pounds per day, about $35 per session.

Pangit

Banned
david-sipress-you-know-who-s-a-big-pain-in-the-ass-europe-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

Johan Ruijsink addressing his loyal American troops in the Mosconi cup war room.
t0138.gif

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How long can this shit show go on? Does MR pay the expenses of Americans? If not, i dont get why the same players keep going off trying to get in. Bergman is the only one able to do a risk/reward assessment apparently.

Let's wind this thing down and quickly!

Europe Vs Asia would be soooooooooooooo much better and i believe it would take in more revenue for Matchroom also.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd rather schedule a root canal. ...
Root canals aren't all that bad. Mine got kind of interesting when the dentist said, "Oh, wow."

As for the Mosconi Cup, it appears that they will be in a larger room at Alexandra Palace this time. In 2016 there were only 1500 seats as I recall.

Tickets for the 25th annual Mosconi Cup went on sale on Monday with record-breaking numbers recorded as fans flocked to book their seats at the Alexandra Palace for December 4-7, 2018.

Pool’s annual Europe vs. USA battle will be staged in its biggest ever auditorium in 2018, with capacity for 2,300 spectators in a full circle arena at the north London venue.

If you're going to Europe, you may as well do some sightseeing as well. London has no lines that time of the year and most of the museums are free. The downside is that daylight is from 9 to 4.

If you are a real glutton for billiard action, there will be a 3-C tournament in Lausanne, Switzerland at the end of November (23-25) that will feature 8 of the best players in the world. This year Marco Zanetti averaged 5.000 in one game. The finals were between Frederic Caudron and Dick Jaspers. From Lausanne it is a quick train ride to Paris and after that you can take the Chunnel train to London.

MatchroomPool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
How long can this shit show go on? Does MR pay the expenses of Americans? If not, i dont get why the same players keep going off trying to get in. Bergman is the only one able to do a risk/reward assessment apparently.

Let's wind this thing down and quickly!

Europe Vs Asia would be soooooooooooooo much better and i believe it would take in more revenue for Matchroom also.

Yes, we pay each player in the event a fee of $10,000 plus we cover their hotel accomodation for seven nights as well as air travel and transfers.
In addition, each member of the winning team receives an extra $10,000 making it $20,000 in total.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, we pay each player in the event a fee of $10,000 plus we cover their hotel accomodation for seven nights as well as air travel and transfers.
In addition, each member of the winning team receives an extra $10,000 making it $20,000 in total.

Thank you Luke (i presume). Now i get it. and very big of you guys.