big foot challenge at dcc

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if there is a list of players invited to participate in the bigfoot challenge at DCC and, if so, where it can be seen?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if there is a list of players invited to participate in the bigfoot challenge at DCC and, if so, where it can be seen?

Per their 12/21 post on Facebook:

The 2018 Bigfoot Challenge Players:

1) Jayson Shaw
2) Fedor Gorst
3) Joshua Filler
4) Alex Pagulayan
5) Shane Van Boening
6) Dennis Orcollo
7) Skyler Woodward
8) Ruslan Chinakov
9) Roberto Gomez
10) John Morra
11) Lee Vann Corteza
12) Mika Immonen
13) Ronnie Alcano
14) Dennis Hatch
15) Corey Deuel
16) Konrad Juszczyszyn

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Havent followed this one for a while but does anyone know why they changed it from $1000 entry fee to an "invited" tournament...back when it was the Fatboy challenge :confused: I know a few people that wanted to pay the toadskin entry fee but its not open to everyone...

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Havent followed this one for a while but does anyone know why they changed it from $1000 entry fee to an "invited" tournament...back when it was the Fatboy challenge :confused: I know a few people that wanted to pay the toadskin entry fee but its not open to everyone...

I still think it is the $1000 entry fee but not everyone can enter. It is still invite only.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1) Jayson Shaw
2) Fedor Gorst
3) Joshua Filler
4) Alex Pagulayan
5) Shane Van Boening
6) Dennis Orcollo
7) Skyler Woodward
8) Ruslan Chinakov
9) Roberto Gomez
10) John Morra
11) Lee Vann Corteza
12) Mika Immonen
13) Ronnie Alcano
14) Dennis Hatch
15) Corey Deuel
16) Konrad Juszczyszyn
I heard Sky was out and Jeffrey Deluna was taking his spot

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I'd like to bet that Joshua Filler doesn't make top 4, if anyone wants to bet on it...

Short Bus Russ

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Crazy strong field!

Then again, the Bigfoot has never had much dead money in it.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Are you headed down there this year? And can we expect on the scene reporting from the sports #1 beat reporter - SJM?

You betcha, my friend. Last year, I missed my first Derby in ten years, but this year I'll be there for the entire nine days and will try to file a trip report when I've returned to New York City.

The only proviso is that I don't watch many of the action matches, so I won't be a good source for how things went in the action room.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to bet that Joshua Filler doesn't make top 4, if anyone wants to bet on it...

Short Bus Russ
I'm thinking about taking you up on that one. Almost 2 years ago, Filler won the 2016 Deurne City 10-Ball 10-foot Challenge besting a stellar field including Shaw, Feijen, Boyes, Immonen, Vandenberg, Gray, etc. I ended up buying that Gabriels prototype Sentinel 10-foot tournament table, which ended up being the only 10-foot Sentinel Gabriels ever made, and it's currently in our poolroom.

I assure you that 10-foot Diamond won't slow Filler down, as it has bigger pockets than this table does.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
I'm thinking about taking you up on that one. Almost 2 years ago, Filler won the 2016 Deurne City 10-Ball 10-foot Challenge besting a stellar field including Shaw, Feijen, Boyes, Immonen, Vandenberg, Gray, etc. I ended up buying that Gabriels prototype Sentinel 10-foot tournament table, which ended up being the only 10-foot Sentinel Gabriels ever made, and it's currently in our poolroom.

I assure you that 10-foot Diamond won't slow Filler down, as it has bigger pockets than this table does.

Well then slap leather, gunslinger.. Don't think about it too hard, lol..

You gonna be at Derby?

Short Bus Russ

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Filler is a great player and is one of the favorites.

Well then.. bet on it?

I'll be there... You'll be there. An extra hundo or a meal at the steak house?

I think he's overrated, and he showed nerves at the Mosconi Cup. Yeah.. So he double dipped Shaw in some tourney in Europe somewhere. On non-Diamond tables, right?

And got his nuts shot in by Shaw on a 9 foot Diamond on Facebook stream.

He's a great player in the way that Dennis Hatch is a great player. But not in the way that Shane, Orcollo, and Pagulayan are great players.

I like my chances.

Short Bus Russ

The-Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1) Jayson Shaw
2) Fedor Gorst
3) Joshua Filler
4) Alex Pagulayan
5) Shane Van Boening
6) Dennis Orcollo
7) Skyler Woodward
8) Ruslan Chinakov
9) Roberto Gomez
10) John Morra
11) Lee Vann Corteza
12) Mika Immonen
13) Ronnie Alcano
14) Dennis Hatch
15) Corey Deuel
16) Konrad Juszczyszyn

Did Bergman not get an invitation?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joshua Filler is absolutely dead money in this field.

Short Bus Russ

I'll bet you 100 he goes further than: (you pick your man from the below). You can pick up to 3 players for 3 separate further than bets.

7) Skyler Woodward
10) John Morra
12) Mika Immonen
14) Dennis Hatch
15) Corey Deuel
16) Konrad Juszczyszyn

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
I'll bet you 100 he goes further than: (you pick your man from the below). You can pick up to 3 players for 3 separate further than bets.

7) Skyler Woodward
10) John Morra
12) Mika Immonen
14) Dennis Hatch
15) Corey Deuel
16) Konrad Juszczyszyn

No bet. You picked the 6 weakest players in the field, from a combined fundamentals/current play perspective. Show some heart. I am already taking a bit of the worst of it, considering he's the new wunderkind.

Isn't the Big foot challenge single elimination? If so, I am basically saying he won't win more than one match, so I am already taking the worst of it if he gets an easy draw..

Again, show some heart. Take the bet as is or leave it. Or... bet he goes further than any of the actual great players in the field, since according to the grapevine, he is in the same league as.

Sorry.. If he beats someone over in Asia or Europe on some kind of bucket table, big whoop. He's about to come play on the real deal at Derby, let's see how he does when the tables get a little wear on them, he's not racing to 5 like at the Mosconi, and he's not playing players who miss 9 balls (like at the Mosconi Cup).

Short Bus Russ

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha ha! You wrote all that;)

I’ll play you with the 6 this DCC. You crushed me with the 7 last time. Let me know:)