Pool awareness week 2014

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been almost two months since Pool Awareness Week 2014 was announced. It has created a certain amount of interest and has gained support from
Mark Wilson and his Mosconi Cup Squad of players. Last week he also enlisted the help of Jeanette Lee at the BCA Summit in Louisville.

Brandon Shuff, Jeremy Sossei, Oscar Dominguez, Justin Bergman, Justin Hall, Corey Deuel and Jon Schmidt have all ben involved both at
Louisville and at The Navy Seals base in San Diego. Plenty of people have ‘Liked’ our Facebook Page.

PAW is scheduled for 2nd to 9th November.

It is what is says it is – a week making people more aware of our game and get them playing pool. The way that we do this is…….

FIND SOMEBODY WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE. THEN INVITE THEM TO JOIN YOU NEXT TIME YOU GO TO PLAY.
That’s it!!

Show them how to play the game of your choice, teach them the basic rules. Let them use a house cue but after a few shots let them hold your cue.
They should feel empowered now. If they like the feel then let them play a few shots with it. They should be hooked by now and feeling the
joy of pocketing balls.

A couple of weeks down the line get your player to find his own ‘Pool Virgin’ and you can find another one of your own. So instead of having one
Player you now have four players. In a couple of months you could have created fifteen or so new players.

The purpose of PAW is not to run events, create coaching clinics or other promotional activities. .But we want to encourage pool enthusiasts to
do these things. PAW will give you a chance to do this by publicising what you are doing before the event then supporting you during your project
and afterwards. We are looking for original ideas from you which you feel can generate interest in the game.

We can help you with poster, tournament documentation which you can adapt for your own purposes. We can give you contact info on players,
promoters, coaches, suppliers, sponsors, billiard rooms and 101 other things. If you feel that you have the skills to handle a pool publicity event
then tell us about them. If we can help you we will or we will find someone who can. POOL AWARENESS WEEK is in November but we can
start things now which we can highlight during that time.

You can find out more by going to the POOL AWARENESS WEEK 2014 FACEBOOK PAGES . There are currently two versions but these are
due to be merged when we collect and remove statistics from them

https://www.facebook.com/poolawarenessweekwithusmosconiteam

https://www.facebook.com/poolawarenessweekwithusmosconiteam?fref=ts

OR EMAIL DOUG GORDON on pro9dg@hotmail.com

PAW IS FOR EVERYONE - PLAYERS, COACHES, ROOM OWNERS, EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS, PROMOTERS ETC
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE POOL A MUCH BIGGER SPORT

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doug...This is a great thing. I was introduced to the idea in Louisville from Mark Wilson, and am planning to participate, as directed. I encourage all instructors, PBIA or otherwise, to participate in PAW!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Awesome, I will definitely do it and report back. Adding it to the phone calendar right now.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Awesome Doug, hopefully League operators will get involved as they can really benefit from new players getting involved.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have some things cookin in the kitchen, and we'll certainly be promoting it on ABR.

I'd also recommend talking with Jason Bowman (sp?) of the APA.
We are featuring an interview with him this week on the show ( oops I spilled the beans) and in it he mentioned the fact that they would be speaking with Mark Wilson shortly about working with the Mosconi Cup team.

They could promote PAW at their coming finals in Vegas, and via their leauge operators to the masses. Taking a friend to a local league night is an easy way to introduce new players in a non intimidating environment.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Mark...It's not about benefiting ANYBODY. It's about growing the sport! :rolleyes: Maybe you can get the pro players you represent involved!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Scott I understand what you mean but I think that people have to benefit from PAW. The New players benefit from being introduced to the game, the Leagues benefit by having more players, Cue makers benefit from a new crowd of players, Instructors like yourself benefit as the new players want to lean how to get better and with all these people benefitting the WHOLE game benefits. That's my thought on it. Whats that saying "All ships rise"

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I didn't see the date in the OP. Please post it so we can all start raising awareness.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

It has been almost two months since Pool Awareness Week 2014 was announced. It has created a certain amount of interest and has gained support from Mark Wilson and his Mosconi Cup Squad of players. Last week he also enlisted the help of Jeanette Lee at the BCA Summit in Louisville.
Brandon Shuff, Jeremy Sossei, Oscar Dominguez, Justin Bergman, Justin Hall, Corey Deuel and Jon Schmidt have all ben involved both at Louisville and at The Navy Seals base in San Diego. Plenty of people have ‘Liked’ our Facebook Page.

It is what is says it is – a week making people more aware of our game and get them playing pool. The way that we do this is…….
FIND SOMEBODY WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE. THEN INVITE THEM TO JOIN YOU NEXT TIME YOU GO TO PLAY.
That’s it!!
Show them how to play the game of your choice, teach them the basic rules. Let them use a house cue but after a few shots let them hold your cue. They should feel empowered now. If they like the feel then let them play a few shots with it. They should be hooked by now and feeling the joy of pocketing balls. A couple of weeks down the line get your player to find his own ‘Pool Virgin’ and you can find another one of your own. So instead of having one Player you now have four players. In a couple of months you could have created fifteen or so new players.

The purpose of PAW is not to run events, create coaching clinics or other promotional activities. .But we want to encourage pool enthusiasts to do these things. PAW will give you a chance to do this by publicising what you are doing before the event then supporting you during your project and afterwards. We are looking for original ideas from you which you feel can generate interest in the game.

We can help you with poster, tournament documentation which you can adapt for your own purposes. We can give you contact info on players, promoter, coaches, suppliers, sponsors, billiard rooms and 101 other things. If you feel that you have the skills to handle a pool publicity event then tell us about them. If we can help you we will or we will find someone who can. POOL AWARENESS WEEK is in November but we can start things now which we can highlight during that time.

You can find out more by going to the POOL AWARENESS WEEK 2014 FACEBOOK PAGE OR EMAIL DOUG GORDON on pro9dg@hotmail.com

PAW IS FOR EVERYONE - PLAYERS, COACHES, ROOM OWNERS, EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS, PROMOTERS ETC
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE POOL A MUCH BIGGER SPORT

Fixed it to make it easier for those of us who have a hard time reading big blocks of text :)

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a good feeling picking up support from key people. I have been
working on this project since late last year and it came as no surprise that
the first person to pick up the potential of it would be US Mosconi Cup
Captain, Mark Wilson.

He is a Man of Vision.

I would like to thank him and his extended team (Don Wardell, Amir
Pishdad Jr and the MC players particularly my special buddy Brandon
Shuff) for assistance in getting PAW on the table.

Now we have the Lees - Jeanette and Scott, Mark Cantrill, John Barton,
David 'Mr' Bond and the infamous Pink Lady.

PAW is not sponsored and has been financed out of my own meagre
resources. I did it because I believe that pool is not in a place that it
ought to be. I have 35 years worth of experience, ideas and
documentation to call upon.

I have also collected an enormous number of friends, contacts and
supporters in this time. Many of them have told me (gently) that
PAW will not work.

But I still have fire in my veins and believe that it will prove to be
the way that Mark Cantrill (another visionary) outlines in his post.

Maybe in time I will find a way to get a financial return.

BUT IF EVERYONE WHO CARES ABOUT THE GAME WORKS
ON PAW THEN IT MAY BRING THE HARMONY THAT THE
GAME SADLY LACKS. PAW IS NOT COMPETING WITH ANYONE.
SO USE IT FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now we have the Lees - Jeanette and Scott, Mark Cantrill, John Barton,
David 'Mr' Bond and the infamous Pink Lady.

. By the way, I have absolutely no doubt that the GoPlayPool team, the AZBilliards team, the CSI team and the NYC Grind team will also be on the ball.

In the mean time, I recommend everyone look into their local radio, television and newspaper contacts and prepare to send them press releases, and to do the same on your social media outlets.

Rally round the family.