2014 pool awareness week ii

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you consider yourself as a Pool Professional and you do not get involved with Pool Awareness Week then you should think about an alternative career If you consider yourself as a Pool Professional and you do not get involved with Pool Awareness Week then you should think about an alternative career because you have no interest in the future of the game.
PAW is all about making Pool a much bigger sport. Yes that means more players, more and bigger tournaments, more entry fees, more prize money.
How hard is it for you to find someone who has never played before and take them under your wing.
That is all PAW I asking you to do. When you find someone you can nominate them to play in the Virgin 9 Ball Pool Championship where only players who are registered by a pro can enter. So get your protégée signed up and give them time to get in shape for this.
The closing date for this will be the 8th November and details of the tournament will be announced during PAW. The final four will also be invited to attend one of Mark Wilson’s Mentoring Scheme Masterclasses at the famous Lindenwood University in Missouri.
If you need help in setting up then please tell us what, where, when and we will try to help.
because you obviously have no interest in the future of the game.
PAW is all about making Pool a much bigger sport. Yes that means more players, more and bigger tournaments, more entry fees, more prize money.
How hard is it for you to find someone who has never played before and take them under your wing.
That is all PAW I asking you to do. When you find someone you can nominate them to play in the Virgin 9 Ball Pool Championship where only players who are registered by a pro can enter. So get your protégée signed up and give them time to get in shape for this.
The closing date for this will be the 8th November and details of the tournament will be announced during PAW. The final four will also be invited to attend one of Mark Wilson’s Mentoring Scheme Masterclasses at the famous Lindenwood University in Missouri.
If you need help in setting up then please tell us what, where, when and we will try to help.
THIS IS PAW V.2
PAW v1 IS HERE http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=368976

Last edited:

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you consider yourself as a Pool Professional and you do not get involved with Pool Awareness Week then you should think about an alternative career If you consider yourself as a Pool Professional and you do not get involved with Pool Awareness Week then you should think about an alternative career because you have no interest in the future of the game.
because you obviously have no interest in the future of the game.
THIS IS PAW V.2
PAW v1 IS HERE http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=368976

Where will the tournament be held?
How will the entrant get to the tournament?
It's not only the professional player that should show commitment but also their under-study...
...It's one thing to bring someone new to a pool hall and stroke a few. It's completely different to get individuals to truly commit time and money to a past time they know little of.

I really LIKE the concept of PAW and should be around for many years / generations to come. However to suggest that pro Players don't or won't care simply because they struggle to get others too commit their time and money is a little harsh imo...

Rather than a pre-conceived verdict based on past happenings / failings.
Is this not the right time and project to draw a clean slate and pull along in the same direction?
***JUST GET NEW PEOPLE PLAYING THE GAME***
From small acorns...
:thumbup:

Last edited:

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where will the tournament be held?
How will the entrant get to the tournament?
It's not only the professional player that should show commitment but also their under-study...
...It's one thing to bring someone new to a pool hall and stroke a few. It's completely different to get individuals to truly commit time and money to a past time they know little of.

I really LIKE the concept of PAW and should be around for many years / generations to come. However to suggest that pro Players don't or won't care simply because they struggle to get others too commit their time and money is a little harsh imo...

Rather than a pre-conceived verdict based on past happenings / failings.
Is this not the right time and project to draw a clean slate and pull along in the same direction?
***JUST GET NEW PEOPLE PLAYING THE GAME***
From small acorns...
:thumbup:

Hello BDC I am pleased that you seem to support PAW.
But I would like to convey the message that PAW is not proactive in providing
the services such as tournaments, coaching clinics. But it's role is to assist and encourage others to do things.

I am setting this scene by persuading key people to assume a responsibility for specific area such as Pro Players, the Amateurs, Manufacturers and Trade contacts, coaching and tournament help.

Because of apathy and the past failings, I am trying to take a fresh approach and am hoping the fact that this is a Concerted effort by many people will beat down some barriers.

So some of your questions are not answerable until other things are taken into consideration. Many things have still got to be set in place but hope springs eternal.

Like you I hope that by getting the infrastructure settled properly then PAW may indeed go on for many years.