Hey Gang..original "Gus Szamboti" on Ebay $1k BIN

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   1
Really??!! The inlays look strange not even and the cuts are gross. The butt cap as well...
If it's a Szam it's a strangest I've seen...:

PS: I'll advise sending Barry some of the pics for confirmation, before jumping on it.

Chris

Last edited:

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   1
At least he disclosed that the cue had been refinished><:rolleyes:

It was a note in the closet he found it in....the house owner let it there for the finder to know, in case he forgets to get the cue when he moves away :))))))))))))))))))))))))))

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It is now very clear to me. The reason this cue does not look right is because it was a prototype as disclosed. Gus must have changed his inlays and veneer combos, honed his skills, and then whent on to make his legendary cues. I might even condider giving up my investment grade Dale Perry for this......stay away.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Thanks. I made 2 offers.

Were your offers more than the BIN price?
Maybe a higher offer will help stop Gus Szamboti rolling over in his grave,
especially after that cue description.
This time it's worse than Elvis, when Michael Jackson married his daughter.
Let these people rest in peace for God's sake.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
It is now very clear to me. The reason this cue does not look right is because it was a prototype as disclosed. Gus must have changed his inlays and veneer combos, honed his skills, and then whent on to make his legendary cues. I might even condider giving up my investment grade Dale Perry for this......stay away.

Agreed. These guys are being too hard on the cue, I mean it was Gus's first crack at making a cue! It's not like the guy started out making them perfect.

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
I have to have it just like Emmy Lou in 1962. lol
p.s. I was drunk and didn't know what i was doing.
Bob

Last edited: