2018 DCC George Fels Tournament

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that qualifying has been completed, can anyone please 1) Post the 8 players that have qualified, 2) fill us in on what the match-ups are, 3) tell us what time they are playing (if possible), and 4) will all matches that are not played on the DCC tournament table be televised through the TVMike stream?

Thanks in advance for whatever info is posted.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ignore this thread I just started. Just found out they scrapped the event due to scheduling issues.

I feel real bad for all the hard work put in by the producers; only to what appears to be treated like some 3rd world country by the DCC producers. Bob Jewett's latest post is below:

"There will be no final tournament this year. All the players are scheduled to play all day in the one pocket and nine ball and without a fixed schedule. This makes it nearly impossible to schedule the straight pool matches."

However for anyone buying last nights Accustats stream, you were only treated to 1 live one-pocket match because no others were scheduled later that evening. What - all players have to be in bed by 9PM?

My point is such: There is some damm good money (by tournament standards) in the scheduled 14.1 8 man single elimination finals. There are only 7 matches. They can't be played late at night? And how is it that the Big Foot Challenge can go off while the Banks and One-Pocket is in progress?????

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started to go this year
now i am glad i skipped it

it sounds like a kinda shoddy way to run a tournament

is this going to affect the future

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys I feel bad for you. No way to treat people who have invested as much time and money as you have.

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No finals-aargh!

Steve and Heather Kurtz and Charles Eames had the same problem with the 14.1 Challenge at SBE years ago. The obvious answer is full sponsorship and coordinated schedules with the one rack events. Easier said then done, alas.