14.1 scoring systems

nme007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is available for scoring systems out there OTHER than the standard wooden beads? I'm looking for something out of the ordinary, I appreciate any suggestions or resources. Thank you!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
There are several scoring apps for both iPhone and Android.

the are actually all good, and they all track everything you need !!

-Steve

beerpressure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We just use a pencil and paper when we play. Apps are a pain in the ass and we have no beads.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiards Buddy for ios, iPad, iPhone works good and allows you to email results to yourself.

1pocketpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I built this and it works well. The counters are similar to counters found on Gold Crowns.

IMG_0310.JPG

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member

Attachments

• 14.1ScoreSheet.pdf
    16.5 KB · Views: 207

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kinda funny

I'm old enough to have learned to score with beads - because that's all there was.

As an adult, there are few places with beads and a lot of tables with numeric counters. So when my kids learned to play 14.1, they learned with counters. As a result, they can't quite figure out how to use beads.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I use Billiard Buddy on my iPhone. Except for occasionally making it difficult to select the proper player at the beginning of the game, I have nothing but good things to say about it.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
STRAIGHT POOL DELUXE for iPad is bar none the best and easiest way to keep score, when beads are not available. the stats alone at the end of the game really tell the story of how a game played out.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
STRAIGHT POOL DELUXE for iPad is bar none the best and easiest way to keep score, when beads are not available. the stats alone at the end of the game really tell the story of how a game played out.

Any chance of iPhone or Android?

cstrombe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any chance of iPhone or Android?

Hey Pushout, unfortunately that’s very unlikely for the foreseeable future. I originally ruled out iPhone because of screen real estate, and android would basically require a rewrite. I barely have time these days to get occasional updates to the app out, just too busy! Maybe in the future when I have more free time. Thanks for your interest.

-Chris

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Pushout, unfortunately that’s very unlikely for the foreseeable future. I originally ruled out iPhone because of screen real estate, and android would basically require a rewrite. I barely have time these days to get occasional updates to the app out, just too busy! Maybe in the future when I have more free time. Thanks for your interest.

-Chris

Ok, thanks for the reply.

bobu5678

Registered
I learnt how to use beads, when back. They work better than the Gold crown counters. It easy to see the score in total and for the current rack. Beads are the way to go.