Playing Correct, or Playing To Win !!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey All,

Been struggling lately with closing out games, a lot of times i just practice alone and dont compete as much as i should and i think i'm getting hung up on playing the game correct that i have forgotten how to win !!

Outside of competing more, does anyone have a good fix ?

My league games i primarily go to 200 points, one of my league players who goes to a similar score came up with the idea of breaking the game down into increments to help keeping his head in the game for such a long period of time. which i think is a phenomenal idea.

Also on league night i am running the league so it's challenging to multitask while playing. Players have told me that i should play my league matches on an alternate night so i could dedicate my head to the game, but not everyone has a flexible schedule to make it so i can play them on the alt night.

Really looking for a fix to all this, if anyone has any tips i woulkd greatly appreciate it.

-Steve the Commish

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A video of one or more of your matches would give people a better idea of what advice to give although there is a distinct possibility you would get as many different suggestions as there are people who respond.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Playing to win IS playing correct....same as chess.
Playing the ghost is a practice exercise...and an important one....
...but you learn no safety shots.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Playing to win IS playing correct....same as chess.
Playing the ghost is a practice exercise...and an important one....
...but you learn no safety shots.

what i meant was, that sometimes i get so caught up in playing correct patterns or as correct for me to keep a run going, where as sometimes depending on the score you should just go for points no matter the pattern you play them.