Finnish Toam chalk

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a big deal made during Ronnie's game about a new chalk. Toam (called Finnish as in from Finland) chalk. It's supposed to give far less kicks.
Has anybody have any experience with that stuff? Just bought some for myself as a xmas present ($30 for 1 which is a bit ridiculous) I'll keep you posted!

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
There was a big deal made during Ronnie's game about a new chalk. Toam (called Finnish as in from Finland) chalk. It's supposed to give far less kicks.
Has anybody have any experience with that stuff? Just bought some for myself as a xmas present ($30 for 1 which is a bit ridiculous) I'll keep you posted!

Any discoveries?

This might be something to let Dr. Dave know about.

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I play with a magnetic chalk holder that fits the square chalk. This round chalk doesn't fit so I have to chase it around the table. So that's a negative LOL No miscues like with cheap chalk.
Other than that hard to tell. In practice I handle the balls without gloves so it could be anything. To be continued...

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chalk is called Taom.. just 2 cents. I have been using it 6 months. Just taking bad contacts(kicks) away from game. Huge thing on pro snooker.

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alright, so I owe you guys an update. The good news is far less kicks. Not zero, but significantly less!
However, the down side (probably worse than compensating for kicks) is many many more miss cues.
Mostly when you decelerate.... Sure if you have Ronnie's cue action not a problem. But Taom is just less forgiving when you decel. So for amateurs (with too much money) this chalk is not for you.