Mark Wilson's Two MC Picks

kagewest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought fisherman were the most knowledgeable idiots on earth. This thread has proved me wrong. I hope you guys play better pool than your pool IQ because it's god awful!

kagewest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then you should never mention Frost!
If a plane carrying the 5 best US players crashed, Frost still shouldnt be mentioned.

You sir are an idiot. Period!
If you own pool cues sell them just quit. You will do the world a favor!

kagewest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get you. You keep it real and go hard on the internet no matter what. You are a no nonsense kind of salt of the earth business man. You struggle when it comes to negotiations and marketing. But you are in there swinging for the fences. You aim to throttle.

Regarding Justin Hall, he has tremendous experience in that level of grease and preformed very well his rookie year. That's the basis for my opinion.

Skylar might shine under the bright lights his debut year. But his cue might get heavy like many other first timers.

Beautiful part of a forum community is the opportunity to express your opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts.

Dear god u saw sky beat them on a big table? Was it in person? Was it one time or 2? Just once? Like a race to 9 in pool? And the better player lost? You must be joking. Yea point proven!

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Trick or treat mother ****ers

Dear god u saw sky beat them on a big table? Was it in person? Was it one time or 2? Just once? Like a race to 9 in pool? And the better player lost? You must be joking. Yea point proven!

Attachments

• skylar.jpg
    skylar.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 300

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The courage nonsense and the 'easy way out' nonsense is ridiculous. Mark Wilson is the captain and he will pick who he believes will gives us the best chance to win. His opinion of who is ready is the only opinion that counts. Your opinion that Skylar is not ready doesn't mean he's not ready and doesn't mean it would be a bad choice. After all, in the system they set up to choose the team, Skylar out performed your choices. Your thoughts are simply your opinion.

Mark's counts. Yours doesn't.

Putting some kind of "I know better than Mark" arrogance on this topic is laughable. He was chosen for the job. You weren't.

If you get chosen you'll have your chance.

I saw Skylar defeat both Morris and Archer on a big table in June. I saw Skylar show a tremendous amount of fight and heart in his match with Oscar. He won a big table Tmnt in Texas. He out performed all but 3 players in the point race. Don't let the facts interfere with your opinion.

Just to be clear, I think all the remaining choices are qualified and worthy selections and I trust Mark's judgement.

Have the entire Mosconi Cup team , whoever they are , play Jonathan Hennessee Pinegar , Eric Durbin and Tim Heath in a race to 11 individually in front of Mark Wilson as a warm up for the Mosconi Cup to test their metal before final selection

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Mark said the last two picks will be based on the points so that being said looks like our team is Shane , Mike , Corey , Justin , Sky and imo I'm happy with that line up I think we got good shot with this team go USA

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that even without reference to any ranking list then Mark's team selection would coincide with the Final Five as published.

It is a raging certainty that Sky will be a long term contender in any future US team.
He is ready now and even if he was not quite up to the mark, he needs to be blooded.

There is no sense in picking senior players 'to act as nannies'.

Mark has all the support bases covered himself - no need to call on Yesterday's Men.

They may not win it this year but they will have advanced a lot further down the road.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that even without reference to any ranking list then Mark's team selection would coincide with the Final Five as published.

It is a raging certainty that Sky will be a long term contender in any future US team.
He is ready now and even if he was not quite up to the mark, he needs to be blooded.

There is no sense in picking senior players 'to act as nannies'.

Mark has all the support bases covered himself - no need to call on Yesterday's Men.

They may not win it this year but they will have advanced a lot further down the road.

I do agree with this school of thought, Doug. It's time to let the New Kids on the Block sow their oats. Bergman is definitely worthy of being on this team, IMO.

Team Euro has a New Kid on the Block for their team this year with Ouschan.

It will also be nice that Team USA will be on American soil. I know that may not give them the edge, but it is more comfortable for them than traveling over to your side of the pond. :D

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do agree with this school of thought, Doug. It's time to let the New Kids on the Block sow their oats. Bergman is definitely worthy of being on this team, IMO.

Team Euro has a New Kid on the Block for their team this year with Ouschan.

It will also be nice that Team USA will be on American soil. I know that may not give them the edge, but it is more comfortable for them than traveling over to your side of the pond. :D

That's new "kid" happened to be w9bc runner up last year, former world no.1, and current china open winner. So it's not really comparable :)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
for the love of sweet baby Jesus, it's shoo-in, not shoe-in. :angry:

Like, if Justin Bergman isn't a shoo-in it would be scandalous.

as compared to:

if Justin Bergman isn't a shoe-in it would be sandalous.

class dismissed. :grin:

best,
brian kc

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for the love of sweet baby Jesus, it's shoo-in, not shoe-in. :angry:

Like, if Justin Bergman isn't a shoo-in it would be scandalous.

as compared to:

if Justin Bergman isn't a shoe-in it would be sandalous.

class dismissed. :grin:

best,
brian kc

I like this post but for reasons that have nothing to do with pool. :grin-square:

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
No most of the redicilious opinions on this thread are what's a joke. If you can't handle reading then stop! Geniuses are rarely agreed with, people don't have the intellect to comprehend it. I'm use to it. You should be to!

Do you even school?

I find it ironic that you're speaking of geniuses and intellect and you can't even form a proper sentence.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No most of the redicilious opinions on this thread are what's a joke. If you can't handle reading then stop! Geniuses are rarely agreed with, people don't have the intellect to comprehend it. I'm use to it. You should be to!

Used*
Too*
Ridiculous*

I'm guessing you throw around the term "genius" pretty loosely.