Old 97-3 Meucci Cue with Red Dot shaft

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a chance to purchase an older Meucci cue in great condition. From what I could tell from looking through the Meucci archival pictures, it's a 97-3. It's green and rolls real true. The man told me he'd sell it for $175.00.

I told him the Red Dot shaft was worth that much. I think it's a great deal but I'd like to hear what others think. Thanks in advance for any comments/advice offered.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought it today

I bought the stick today and played 4 hours with it. It hits real nice. Got a good feel to it.

I think I'll send the shaft to my buddy and have him turn it down to 11.00 mm (just a might smaller than my Ultimate Weapon). I've always liked the old Red Dots and I think I'll have this one turned down. My other two are untouched. I actually like the "feel" of the Red Dot shaft more than the Black Dot. The butt of this 97-3 is in great shape, too.

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the meucci black dot as well. Why do you like the red dot better? What do you think about the ultimate weapon?

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the meucci black dot as well. Why do you like the red dot better? What do you think about the ultimate weapon?

My Black Dot shafts play too differently for me. I kinda grew up on the pre-Red Dots and then the Red Dots and got used to them. When the Black Dot came along I was quite surprised at the difference in deflection (especially on the long pots), and I really liked them for a while, but the more I used the UW, Ultimate Weapon, the more I missed the feel of a non-laminated shaft, so I gave up shooting with the Black Dot and concentrated on the Ultimate Weapon shaft.

I much prefer the UW to any shaft. And, because I'm so used to them, I like the Red Dots, too. It's fun for a change once in a while to shoot with the RD's.

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im kind of getting sick of the black dot. Want to change it up. Thank you for the reply. Might check out the Ultimate Weapon. Im used to the normal old school maple shafts. Black dot was my first low deflection. Not sure on where i am headed. I may go back to maple or just buy another LD wether its the Ultimate Weapon or another company. Dont really know if I want that small of a shaft diameter.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im kind of getting sick of the black dot. Want to change it up. Thank you for the reply. Might check out the Ultimate Weapon. Im used to the normal old school maple shafts. Black dot was my first low deflection. Not sure on where i am headed. I may go back to maple or just buy another LD wether its the Ultimate Weapon or another company. Dont really know if I want that small of a shaft diameter.

If you decide on the UW, just call Budget Cues (www.budgetcues.com) (the Meucci plant in Bahalya, Mississippi) and have them make you a UW shaft having a 13mm size (or whatever your choice is) instead of the 11.25mm size. Have a great day.