My Gold Crown I

Darkray

Registered
Thought I'd post a few pics of my Gold Crown I. Drove down to San Diego with a friend, disassembled and brought it back here to L.A.
It was just set up by Steve Leistikow. The table's all originaI drop pocket and with the optional leveling feet. It came with several old Dufferin cues and a set of Brunswick Centennial balls (I'm guessing they originally came with the table new because of their color and also we had some scary moments during our initial roll test once the install was done. The numbers are raised above the surface and they all have different size measurements. Made for some eyebrow raising for Steve's leveling job:). I can't recommend Steve enough and thanks again to him for letting me breath down his neck during the whole process.

The pedestals had been repainted slightly whiter than the original ivory color.
IMG_2153.jpg

The slates where in fine condition apart from some chipping above the pins where previous installers had pulled up before pulling them apart.
IMG_2166.jpg

A look at the rails with the original Monarch cushions. Making new feather strips.
IMG_2170.jpg

Last edited:

Darkray

Registered
Subrails were a little staple chewed but not too bad. The counters work as if they've never been used before.
IMG_2172.jpg

Steve's clean work
IMG_2181.jpg

Stretching
IMG_2193.jpg

Done
IMG_2204.jpg

Darkray

Registered
My garage is pretty dark so I tried to get some sunlight in so you could see the aprons. Original blue paint on these.

IMG_2210.jpg

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

It appears you had the cushions replaced.....? Where did you find the obsolete cushions to fit a brunswick gold crown 1?

Rob.M