What is in your case? 2017

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been a while since the last case tour so I thought to start up a fresh what's in your case thread. Most of us tend to change our gear every now and then so a new take is in place every once in a while :rolleyes:

Please post with picture or two to if you can, threads like this often become pretty decent eye candy when certain members pop up to post the contents of their case(s) :wink:

Here is mine;
lFCC8zT.jpg

J&J 3x6 case
Eclat jump cue
Mezz Kai break cue / Pro R
Mezz EC7 / custom 2" extension

And the usual accesories, chalk, piece of cloth, tip tools, burnisher, bridge head and a glove. :eek:

Share yours, feel free to comment on others posts and keep the thread on track while it lasts :smile:

EDIT: Fixed a link, changed the pic and updated the contents of my case.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're Probably Seen These Before

The CA ivory ban enacted 7/1/16 has curtailed my cue collecting efforts.
Unless I can legally acquire another ivory joint cue, my collection is capped.

All of these cues weigh 18.35 -18.5 ozs, except for one cue, the EP cue that's 18.75 ozs.
All of the joints are flat ivory & use 3/8x10, 0r 3/8x11 threads, except the TS (Radial Pin).
All of the shafts are between 3.85 ozs and 4.2 ozs, ivory ferrules & a few w/ ivory butts.
Two of the wraps are elephant leather & as my linen choice, Cortland is my all time favorite.

I made sure to always order, or buy, cues with alike specs so that switching cues is easy.
My sole regret is never adding a Hercek cue with matching specs & now it's hard to do.
Perhaps I can still find one down the road at a future Nevada cue show if I ever get to LV.

In the interim, this is what I got & I have zero regrets. My Runde Schon & Palmer cues
see little play since those cues have steel joints that just don't fit my preference today.
Picking a favorite is hard to do as looks alone don't count since it's truly how the cue feels.

Matt B.

Attachments

• Az Photo.jpg
    Az Photo.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,305
  • 6 Ivory Cues (2).jpg
    6 Ivory Cues (2).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,352
  • Blue Fin Billiards 003.jpg
    Blue Fin Billiards 003.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,404
  • Prewitt Cue 004.jpg
    Prewitt Cue 004.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 1,454
  • AZ Case Picture.jpg
    AZ Case Picture.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,323
Last edited:

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cues: Adam Japan Balabushka, Adam Japan Rambow (No longer carrying) now a Dave Brainard Custom, Players JB5, 12.5 mm Kamui, 12.5mm Ultraskin, 14mm Samsara

Lid holder: Measle ball

Top pocket: Glove, chalk holder, pocket marker, WIllards scuffer

Middle pocket: Q Claw, pen, microfiber rag for wiping cues, microfiber rag for wax, leather burnish pad.

Bottom pocket: Extra rag (bridgehead under), spare gloves, talc, ultimate tip tool, band-aids, tip *****, chalk collection, q-wiz (under chalk), Allen wrench for weight bolts, extra tip, cue wax, q smooth sandpapers (under), large scuffer.

1trIWb8h.jpg

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's what I've been using lately.

Runde
Mezz Power Break Kai
Jacoby jumper
JB Ultimate Rugged 2x5

Still have a lovely leather Fields 2x4 as well but have switched to the JB Rugged recently to have better access to my jump cue after getting a dedicated breaker instead of a jump/break.

CF2F553B-7340-40FD-AC21-6ED26CB9F551.jpg

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
JB case
Ted Harris w/6" and 10" extension
Tad big pin titelist colors
Lucasi big beulah 2
Ultimate tiptool
Marty carey jump(i think, never use) full cue jump bi!%&#$
Protection(single again, never know) :)

cc8ball

Go Red Sox!
Silver Member
Talisman Tribal 2x4
McDermott G502
McDermott Stinger J/B
Dr Popper for the tight spots
Various accessories

20170316_182700X.jpg

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke butt w/ 2 OB1 Classic + Shafts
OB1 Bocote Sneaky w/ 2 OB1 Shafts
Players J/B
Instroke 3x5

34432300822_1c9429ac14_c.jpg

33751134654_176f6ba03e_c.jpg

34463768261_37264db9c9_c.jpg

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
It has been a while since the last case tour so I thought to start up a fresh what's in your case thread. Most of us tend to change our gear every now and then so a new take is in place every once in a while :rolleyes:

Please post with picture or two to if you can, threads like this often become pretty decent eye candy when certain members pop up to post the contents of their case(s) :wink:

Here is mine;
20170510_195219.jpg

J&J 3x6 case
Eclat jump cue
Mezz Kai break cue
Predator Ikon 3-2 / 12.5mm 314'3

And the usual accesories, chalk, piece of cloth, tip tools, burnisher, bridge head and a glove. Sometimes there is another Predator cue in there if my better half accompanies the trip and wants to play herself, hence the large case for only a handful of cues :eek:

Share yours, feel free to comment on others posts and keep the thread on track while it lasts :smile:

Nice Kimmo. Not sure what I like better, the case and cues, or the actual quality of the photos you took. My photos NEVER look like that ;)

tbayplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All Production does the job for me

All Production. I had my best year in pool this season.

Sterling 3x6
OB 136- 2 XL Classic Plus shafts
Mezz Power Breaker w/original PB shaft
Mezz Air Drive jump cue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,051
Last edited:

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat Diveney birdseye and ebony
Rick Howard cocobolo sneaky
Alex Brick jump
BK2

Only use the glove if it's very humid. Can't get to used to it full time.

Attachments

• IMG_6043.jpg
    IMG_6043.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 698

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
- 2017 Bryan Mordt black and white ebony PJ with G10 pin
- Huebler B/J cue refinished in 2017 from Oliver Stops with new leather handel
- 2x4 leather case (True West) from the late 90th

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Instroke Vinyl 3x5
Mezz EC7 Padouk
cheap Elite break cue
cheap Elite jump cue
Magic Chalk or Blue Diamond
headphones
breath mints (almost always have one in my mouth while shooting)
extra measle ball cuz I play on coin-ops

I just recently purchased the case, break cue, and jump cue. I shoot in a bowling alley game room. Some young punk (a minor, likely a middle-schooler) actually had the gall to steal a tin of breath mints from me recently when my back was turned at the table. If they're going to steal friggin' breath mints, what else will they try to steal?I wanted a leather case, but having the less expensive vinyl puts me more at ease while I'm at the table. Same goes for the secondary cues, but they both seem to get the job done.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Instroke Vinyl 3x5
Mezz EC7 Padouk
cheap Elite break cue
cheap Elite jump cue
Magic Chalk or Blue Diamond
headphones
breath mints (almost always have one in my mouth while shooting)
extra measle ball cuz I play on coin-ops

I just recently purchased the case, break cue, and jump cue. I shoot in a bowling alley game room. Some young punk (a minor, likely a middle-schooler) actually had the gall to steal a tin of breath mints from me recently when my back was turned at the table. If they're going to steal friggin' breath mints, what else will they try to steal?I wanted a leather case, but having the less expensive vinyl puts me more at ease while I'm at the table. Same goes for the secondary cues, but they both seem to get the job done.

That really blows that you had to settle for lesser equipment than you really wanted because people suck & feel that theft is acceptable.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all I need

Also have a Tile tracking chip hidden in pouch

Attachments

• tmp_26926-20170513_0757062000436133.jpg
    tmp_26926-20170513_0757062000436133.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 572