2015 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKEgcKqBKZ8&feature=youtu.be

I edited it a second time, and got it down to 11 minutes from 17 min by cutting out the warm up strokes. I also added back the racking (at 8X speed) so there is proof of no shenanigans;)

Link in this post and is also edited in my original post.

Ghost wins 7-6.

OP updated, good shooting! Looks like you just have one last hump to get over before you start busting the ghost on a regular basis. Thanks for contributing!

I've been lazy about bringing the camera out to the poolhall but it's about time I got back at it. :sorry:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP updated, good shooting! Looks like you just have one last hump to get over before you start busting the ghost on a regular basis. Thanks for contributing!

I've been lazy about bringing the camera out to the poolhall but it's about time I got back at it. :sorry:

Thank you:)

There is an error on the video link on the first post for my newest submission. Also, the "post link" goes to the post from my prior submission.

Thanks for keeping the thread updated.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Thank you:)

There is an error on the video link on the first post for my newest submission. Also, the "post link" goes to the post from my prior submission.

Thanks for keeping the thread updated.

Sorry about that, all fixed now.

Cheers,
Vic

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Got another set at Nick 6 - Ghost 7 yesterday. I was up 6-4 with good looks and let the Ghost get me.

New for this video is colored coins that make the score viewing much easier. Video is edited down to 10 min in length for easy viewing.

Also sound is back on, with TAR 1 in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRwHKzC6fZA&feature=youtu.be

Nice shooting! To me, you look like a different player than in your first few vids. It's only been a few months, but you seem a lot stronger and stroke with a lot more confidence. :thumbup2:

I like the coin idea and also the TAR in the background. It almost seems like they're playing on the next table over and I think it would give a little boost to anyone's game.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I did beat 10-ball Ghost 7-1 today. :)
Got it to video also but I'm work atm. Gonna upload it soon.

I had little bit hangover and had to go work also.. So got right kinda vibes to not miss..:D

I was quite lucky to beat ghost so easily even I made some positional errors but I refused to miss and I did not got hooked..

Edit: here is link to a match: http://youtu.be/haDVeccRAws

You acquitted yourself nicely, where is this pool hall located?

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I know what you mean.. I've spent the past few months working out the kinks in my game (with Mark Wilson's Play Great Pool) and every time I change something it's like trying to learn to walk again. It's frustrating, but it's starting to pay off in terms of increased consistency. Still a huge work in progress though.

poohatur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Ghost Drill App for Android

Hi guys. Along the same line of playing against the ghost, I made an android app for the ghost drill. It's not exactly playing a set against the ghost, but keeping score to see how many balls you run per rack and over the course of 10 racks of 9 ball. The rating system is derived from Dr. Dave's ranking. It's my first android app, but one of several that I want to make because I love pool! Please let me know any suggestions, bugs, etc. Thank you!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.akg.playtheghost

Screenshots:
v-mSXBbjtamziXxmaewx1F9M8wWrxHqGtjUEuRgs7WrnMbSnX_Q4ZqjIGegNge4zlj9B=h900-rw

6yVvmyd-5sTws9yTzNohM4SSO7DbeTtlcjkhVHInBXyTi6KJKjrVBIz4N3GqlnWX3M6U=h900-rw

qnelWYmDM_7pX0KdrflAUe7oV8W6gzEkrZNODKEEr3AMtTwyFBNB9QsBHwvY0i8OUjLX=h900-rw

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been doing a lot of stuff from Tor Lowry's videos in my practice sessions, and put in a little set against the ghost today.

The first game I won was on a 2-9 combo. The second game was a fluked 9 ball. I did play well for a few games after, but ultimately fell short and lost 7-5.

I was recording on my phone, and apparently someone called while it was recording. So I didn't get the whole thing. I'm going to watch it later, and determine if it's worth the time to upload.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GHOST CHALLENGE RULES:

Race to 7
Break, take ball in hand and try to run out
9-ball rules (hit lowest ball first, flukes count)
Runout or early 9-ball (combo/carom) is a win for you
Miss or foul is a win for the ghost
9 ball on the break only counts in the side and head pockets (9-ball made in the either of the foot pockets spots up)
Cue ball fouls only
No penalty for a scratch on the break, take ball in hand and continue
No restrictions on racking (magic rack, pattern racking are okay)
Video uploads are not required to participate, but encouraged if you have the means to do so.

9-ball will be main game, but if that's too difficult/too easy for you, you can play a different ghost (6-ball, 10-ball, etc.) with the same rules and the scores will be listed separately by game.

Please post your score (you-ghost), date, table size/pocket size, and a link to your video (optional).
(We're including scores from the end of 2014 as well, so let's get to it!)

Thank you Victorl for this thread btw!
Playing against Ghost really put more focus and effort to practicing. I think my game went up little because Ghost tear your game to pieces and you just need to overcome that!

Played(lately) some races to 9-ball pro version and American rotation but did not get decent video for reason or another. Had now one week off also from playing. Needed rest. 5 days now to nice tournament on Sweden where(should) gonna be SVB, Mika and Django at least..
Gotta compete against Ghost tomorrow and monday too. Maybe i can pull First pro nine ball + American rotation ghost matches.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
some new ghost matchups

Played 3 matches against 9-ball ghost. Pro version - no ball in hand after break.

lost 2 first sets 4-7 even i started strong.
Won last one 7-6!
Got lucky there but i was playing good also. Some careless errors and playing against that pro ghost really is frustating sometimes..

I edit video link from that last match here later when it is uploaded.

I also did try that AM-RO ghost but I did not have enough time to play full match. I was 48-12 leading but then i started making errors and it went close. Clock was too much then.. i had to quit it

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played 3 matches against 9-ball ghost. Pro version - no ball in hand after break.

lost 2 first sets 4-7 even i started strong.
Won last one 7-6!
Got lucky there but i was playing good also. Some careless errors and playing against that pro ghost really is frustating sometimes..

I edit video link from that last match here later when it is uploaded.

I also did try that AM-RO ghost but I did not have enough time to play full match. I was 48-12 leading but then i started making errors and it went close. Clock was too much then.. i had to quit it

Okay here is 7-6 win match against 9-ball pro ghost. Tried put some score between racks also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjCOzrS4XKA

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Wow some awesome videos guys!
I'll add them to the list tomorrow when I have some more time.