One Year Ago Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A buddy at the pool hall asked me about JB yesterday -- whether I'd heard from him as of late. And I said no, that he'd left AZ and was doing unknown things but that in my fantasies, I thought about him going off to "The Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei," (like in "Kill Bill") and had been studying 1pocket for months on end under some master 1pocket sensei, so that one year later he would come back and re-challenge me to avenge his honor....

But alas, that was not so.

So anyways, I looked at the date of our original match and realized it'd been exactly one year. I hope he and family are doing well.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    5.8 KB · Views: 2,236
  • 1013841_10153799904260037_515712464_n.jpg
    1013841_10153799904260037_515712464_n.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,475
  • 3ehyhu9e.jpg
    3ehyhu9e.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,473
  • JB - the Jumping Bean.jpg
    JB - the Jumping Bean.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,394
  • y9abype9.jpg
    y9abype9.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,364

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Lou I also hope John and yourself are doing well. This forum is poorer with JB gone as it would be with you also. We all have our issues but together we don't do to bad.
Happy anniversary.:cool::cool:

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Would you play him again, if the opportunity presented itself?

What would the details need to be to do so?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
From the looks of his facebook posts, he and the family seem to be doing fine.

It surely is a different place without him.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou I also hope John and yourself are doing well. This forum is poorer with JB gone as it would be with you also. We all have our issues but together we don't do to bad.
Happy anniversary.:cool::cool:

Thanks, CB. There are times I miss JB. Other times I don't. But on the balance I think it's a shame he whacked hisself off the board.

Lou Figueroa

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my many guilty pleasures in life is looking at that picture. I won't say which one.

I enjoyed the match - the before, the during, and even the after. It was great.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
speaking of whacking off... :eek:

that's another year whacked off of our lives.

my how time flies...

seriously.

it was a fun and crazy event. that's for sure.

my best wishes to both Lou & John.

brian kc

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent last night under the gracious hospitality of John and his lovely family. They are all doing well, and business is brisk. John and I played some scotch doubles last night and no matter what he may have looked like in that 1-pocket match a year ago, John plays quite well and was running out from everywhere. Thanks again John and I look forward to seeing you again at the SBE next month.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A buddy at the pool hall asked me about JB yesterday -- whether I'd heard from him as of late. And I said no, that he'd left AZ and was doing unknown things but that in my fantasies, I thought about him going off to "The Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei," (like in "Kill Bill") and had been studying 1pocket for months on end under some master 1pocket sensei, so that one year later he would come back and re-challenge me to avenge his honor....

But alas, that was not so.

So anyways, I looked at the date of our original match and realized it'd been exactly one year. I hope he and family are doing well.

Lou Figueroa

Lou, I'm thinking lazy, chilly day in March, not much needs to be done around here, I see the match is still up on the Sandcastle Ustream channel... might be a good way to spend the day watching it again with a fresh set of eyes. Maybe some others can join me.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny that I just had a dream the other day with Lou , of all people , in it.
Especially funny because we've never met or even had a phone conversation.
And even funnier because he was the only person I actually knew the name of in the dream.

Fortunately , in the dream, we were at some sort of pool event sweating money matches and there was no romance involved. At all.

Phew.
LoL

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
speaking of whacking off... :eek:

that's another year whacked off of our lives.

my how time flies...

seriously.

it was a fun and crazy event. that's for sure.

my best wishes to both Lou & John.

brian kc

Same to you, Brian. I was kinda surprised that it'd been a year already.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent last night under the gracious hospitality of John and his lovely family. They are all doing well, and business is brisk. John and I played some scotch doubles last night and no matter what he may have looked like in that 1-pocket match a year ago, John plays quite well and was running out from everywhere. Thanks again John and I look forward to seeing you again at the SBE next month.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Running out from everywhere...

Lou Figueroa
must have been playing
a rotation game

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, I'm thinking lazy, chilly day in March, not much needs to be done around here, I see the match is still up on the Sandcastle Ustream channel... might be a good way to spend the day watching it again with a fresh set of eyes. Maybe some others can join me.

I get it, SP. Sort of like a midnight showing of "Rocky Horror."

Lou Figueroa
thinks John would make
a good Frank N. Furter

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny that I just had a dream the other day with Lou , of all people , in it.
Especially funny because we've never met or even had a phone conversation.
And even funnier because he was the only person I actually knew the name of in the dream.

Fortunately , in the dream, we were at some sort of pool event sweating money matches and there was no romance involved. At all.

Phew.
LoL

"Phew" is right, Mr. B.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.