Is it poor sportsmanship?

JC

Coos Cues
Assholes come in all shapes and sizes. I was chastised last week regarding a story about me having sex with a girl in a wheelchair whilst she hung from a tree limb.
In all honesty I don't know who I offended most. People in wheel chairs, or all the Dendrophiles out there.
Regardless, the guy the OP was referring to was certainly pushing the limits.
I'm only wondering here. If I said that I once knew a guy who didn't have any arms or legs who spent most of his time hanging on a wall, would that be offensive?
His name is Art, by-the-way. :D

Not sure if it's the same guy or not but he was just standing there and introduced himself as Neil.

JC

rrick33

Rick
Silver Member
Camouflage is one of the greatest weapons we have.

If he fooled you and gained an edge in doing so, then he did it right.

Definitely not poor sportsmanship.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Boston Shorty did it to (story by Freddie the Beard)

I had the good fortune to spend time with Shorty when he lived in Chicago and hung out at Bensingers for about a year. I think it was the late 70s or early 80s. The best Shorty story is the one Brooklyn Pancho told about when Shorty was sent in to Allingers in Philly to trap Harry Pietros. The hustlers had already sent in a legion of players to beat Harry and he had become very paranoid. While Harry didn't know what Shorty looked like, they knew if he opened his mouth with that thick Boston accent, Harry would figure out who it was. So they came up with plan of passing Shorty off as a deaf mute. Shorty's guys had to keep running into the bathroom because they couldn't keep from laughing. It went off perfectly until Harry pushed out on a shot and absentmindedly asked Shorty if he wanted to take the shot or leave it to him. Shorty, not thinking either said, "Naw, you go ahead and shoot it." Harry looked up to heaven and started talking to his dead mother, "Ma, they're doing it to me again, Ma!" Uproar ensued immediately thereafter because Harry was a mobbed up guy, but that's another story.

The Beard

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Great story, Wedge. This place needs more old timey story telling.

Since this thread was beginning to fade a bit, why don't I throw something out there that might shine it up a little.
What do you call a guy with no arms, or legs, who floats in a swimming pool?
You call him Bob. :smile:

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a girl playing pool last night who had one leg a bit shorter than the other . I found out her name was Eileen. Mitch

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the good fortune to spend time with Shorty when he lived in Chicago and hung out at Bensingers for about a year. I think it was the late 70s or early 80s. The best Shorty story is the one Brooklyn Pancho told about when Shorty was sent in to Allingers in Philly to trap Harry Pietros. The hustlers had already sent in a legion of players to beat Harry and he had become very paranoid. While Harry didn't know what Shorty looked like, they knew if he opened his mouth with that thick Boston accent, Harry would figure out who it was. So they came up with plan of passing Shorty off as a deaf mute. Shorty's guys had to keep running into the bathroom because they couldn't keep from laughing. It went off perfectly until Harry pushed out on a shot and absentmindedly asked Shorty if he wanted to take the shot or leave it to him. Shorty, not thinking either said, "Naw, you go ahead and shoot it." Harry looked up to heaven and started talking to his dead mother, "Ma, they're doing it to me again, Ma!" Uproar ensued immediately thereafter because Harry was a mobbed up guy, but that's another story.

The Beard
Gracias. I was racking my brain trying to remember who used that road move.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you understand why a chicken cannot lay Half an egg?

Because it comes out of his ass hole :killingme::killingme::killingme:

That would be a Rooster.

No need to henpeck him....it was a good yolk.

I saw a girl playing pool last night who had one leg a bit shorter than the other . I found out her name was Eileen. Mitch

Next....who has more legs..... a man or woman?

a Woman.....

a man has 2 legs and a 1/2

a woman has 2 legs and a hole

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To pretend to be deaf and dumb when showing up for a pool tournament?

It's at the very least freakish behavior.

JC

I dont think its poor sportsmanship if your intent is not to influence your opponent at the table. It really shouldnt matter to them if you're a complete idiot. It might actually inspire them to play more comfortably and get into stroke because they dont have the stress of playing against a more competent player. Plus the cat would be out the bag once you start shooting well, no? Besides, what would be the point? Why not bring your game to the table instead of pretending and bringing in the mentality of a a deaf /dumb player? Which would you rather see, Efren playing deaf and dumb, or him playing with confidence and showing what he's truly capable of doing on the table? Just my opinion.

Add: If I was playing Efren, of course I want him shooting close to deaf and dumb, and me shooting the best damn game of my life!

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Great story, Wedge. This place needs more old timey story telling.

Since this thread was beginning to fade a bit, why don't I throw something out there that might shine it up a little.
What do you call a guy with no arms, or legs, who floats in a swimming pool?
You call him Bob. :smile:

Same guy outside in a hole? Let me guess, Phil?
On a barbershop floor, Harry?
In a hot tub? Stu?
In a mailbox? Bill?
In front of your door? Matt?
Trying to water ski? Skip??

Last edited: