Predator Revo shaft full review and deflection test

SamLambert

Daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Didn't doubt for a single second since I first heard about those shafts that they would be above everything else on the market.

Can't wait to have my hands on one.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
While I would like to try one, it's probably not worth paying too much attention to the hype at this stage. The cue ball action just looked like any other shaft to me, squirt and swerve.

If I start seeing pros using them in tournaments, especially if they're winning, then I might be all over this shaft.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
the ball seems to deflect more, but once it reaches the middle of the table curves to the left...

That is what many do not understand about speed of shot when trying to use say BHE or any english or when trying to use the squirt say for TOI.

I have a modified Predator 314 CAT shaft that would cross the line in those soft & probably medium hits that he did...

& his firm hit is not that firm where I come from.

And how does he know what the shaft will feel like in years if they are new shafts?

kaoandy1125

Registered
I'm honestly not a big fan of his review on shafts...
I just don't think a firm stroke today is the same as a firm stroke 2 years ago, the comparison isn't that accurate IMO
But I guess that's all we got unless we can get a robot

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hit a few balls with one. I didn't care for the look, but the shaft was very smooth and the hit felt surprisingly good to me. To each his (or her) own. I'm not in the market for one, my current setup is just fine :grin-square:.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So .. How much does this shaft weigh? I remember reading that this shaft would be adjustable by adding or removing some sort of weight.

Anyone know?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I can't imagine that as playing shaft.
Great jumpers though.

It was a whole DymondWood cue.

The cue is cored. The one I had in my hands was a bit forward balanced which I like if it's not too much.

It hit very solidly & supposedly is very low squirt & it seemed to be for the few hits I had with it.

But a solid dyed color cue is not too good looking.

Brandon Gramse

Registered
So .. How much does this shaft weigh? I remember reading that this shaft would be adjustable by adding or removing some sort of weight.

Anyone know?

The shaft weighs the same as the Predator 314 3. As far as having the weight adjustable, I haven't heard about that. I've had the shaft for a while now and I don't see any way that weight could be added or removed from it in an appreciable way.