RIP Brendan Crockett and his brother Jeff.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
My heart is saddened by the news. So young and such a shame. They will be missed. I have no more words. Great junior player and person.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Prayers

My heart is saddened by the news. So young and such a shame. They will be missed. I have no more words. Great junior player and person.

Prayers go out to their family. Such a sad day.

Wedge

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Car crashes has killed a lot of pool players

I'm 71 years old and I've lost plenty friends in car crashes and will probably lose more.So very sorry for the families of these fine young players, may God help you to bare their loss.

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
I was also shocked to hear this news. I was just in Moorpark on Saturday and he rolled in wanting to play Edgie. I had just texted him yesterday to see if he'd like another matchup for tomorrow (Wednesday) and just like that, he's gone (with brother Jeff too).

I met Brendan when he was 13 years old at a little weekly tournament in Santa Clarita. I played him a race to 3. I was up 2-0 when out of nowhere he runs two racks on me. Well, I got lucky but after that match, I told him that he had some serious talent and that he should find a mentor to play under. His Dad was there also; I had mentioned Max Eberle to him and they said, "Yes. That we are looking into working with someone like him." Max, at the time was still living in Los Angeles and a House Pro at Hollywood Billiards.

Six months later I walk into Hard Times and there's Max and Brendan, working out on 'The Devil Table' (#1). Brendan had already shot up like 4 more inches in height and he had also improved greatly. Then, after 3 or 4 more years I saw him in New Jersey, of all places hanging around at The Super Billiards Expo with his Dad. They told me he was gonna go to Lindenwood. I was so happy to see him over that short time, growing from puberty into adulthood and working on his craft; taking pool seriously and learning from good people. It's so sad to see this young man and Jeff be taken so swiftly. I'm sure his friends and loved ones are devastated. I know that I am.

R.I.P. Jeff and Brendan Crockett / Way too soon.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So sad. The reports are him and his brother were killed just after midnight in a collision with a big rig on the 101 (Ventura Freeway) in Agoura Hills, not far from their home.

Brendan was the junior amateur champion in 2009. He caught my attention when he made a front page spread in the Los Angeles Daily News. Shortly after that, I saw him practicing at Sal Butera's place. Him and I played in a couple of tournaments together and knew each other a bit. He went to Oaks Christian, which is a prestigious private school attended by celebrity children.

I don't know the details, but the freeways in Los Angeles have become ever more dangerous. So much more traffic over the years and aggressive drivers. I have a daughter Brendan's age (they were Facebook friends) who totaled her car on the 101 a few years ago.

Brendan had a wonderful, loving and supportive family. I can't express my shock and dismay at this. He was such a kind soul. I will miss Brendan.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It just gave me a stomach ache. Apparently this tragic event has nothing to do with the newspaper link that was posted. Great kid with great supportive parents. Such a loss and just so wrong.

Prayers and condolences.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sad to read this news. Photo of Brendan Crockett courtesy of J.P. and NYC Grind.

Attachments

• fb_azb_jpp_bef2013_tournament_129.jpg
    fb_azb_jpp_bef2013_tournament_129.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 3,880

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brendan Crockett in 2013. Photo courtesy of BEF.

Attachments

• brendan-crockett.jpg
    brendan-crockett.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 3,808

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
So sad. The reports are him and his brother were killed just after midnight in a collision with a big rig on the 101 (Ventura Freeway) in Agoura Hills, not far from their home.

Brendan was the junior amateur champion in 2009. He caught my attention when he made a front page spread in the Los Angeles Daily News. Shortly after that, I saw him practicing at Sal Butera's place. Him and I played in a couple of tournaments together and knew each other a bit. He went to Oaks Christian, which is a prestigious private school attended by celebrity children.

I don't know the details, but the freeways in Los Angeles have become ever more dangerous. So much more traffic over the years and aggressive drivers. I have a daughter Brendan's age (they were Facebook friends) who totaled her car on the 101 a few years ago.

Brendan had a wonderful, loving and supportive family. I can't express my shock and dismay at this. He was such a kind soul. I will miss Brendan.

I agree on the highways out there being very dangerous. I just did a 2000 mile road trip and went up the PCH. I hit the 101 in that area of the accident also going from Griffith Observatory to Camarillo. People were all over the place and the lanes on the road not marked very clearly. Very tragic thing to happen and I feel horrible for the Crockett family and his many friends, he was a well liked young man.