Greensburg pa poolrooms

billb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heading to Greensburg PA tomorrow. Looking to hit some balls for a couple of hours. Any poolrooms close to Greensburg?

Thanks.

Captain18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing in Greensburg as far as a poolhall.... but there are 3 choices within 30minutes....
Pinkys in Turtle Creek
Coonies in Latrobe
Sharkys in Latrobe

billb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant find any info on Coonies and Sharkeys doesnt show pool tables in their online pictures.

I would prefer to go to Latrobe.

I saw there was a place under the Dollar General in Latrobe. Is it closed?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the road going thru town, a little hole in the wall bar has one of those L shaped pool tables........ been awhile though.....,

Ps, that's where Don Steele is, he's up there in age now but can still play! So watch out who ya play lol

Last edited:

Captain18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coonies is the place under the dollar store.

Don is not the only player to watch out for in Greensburg/ Latrobe.... just sayin!!

Last edited:

Captain18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coonies opens at 7pm if you look in to go there.... Butch Weimer will give you action if you want....just ask for him.
He plays a lot of 1pocket there

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No... sorry. Wish I did tho!

No worries. It's been YEARS . Me, my old man, and some friends went to Greensburg to pick up a 57 Hardtop retractable I bought and just decided to stop for a few beers once we got there and just happened to stumble across this " L" table lol. Much later I was talking to a good buddy of mine Fat Wayne and he told me that was Dons bar lololol.

Captain18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's funny!

Don used to have a pool room right in town... closed it down probably 10-15 years ago... And YES... he still plays pretty well.. if you want to match up with him you need to bring a lunch... and a wad of cash that you don't mind losin!

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's funny!

Don used to have a pool room right in town... closed it down probably 10-15 years ago... And YES... he still plays pretty well.. if you want to match up with him you need to bring a lunch... and a wad of cash that you don't mind losin!

Ueah, now that I'm thinking about it that trip was around 94, 95
Lololol! When I was that age we all had fake id's and we would travel for this and that but always hit up the bowling alleys and bars and made out fairly well playing the locals. I remember on that trip; coming from Baltimore , we passed the biggest damn pool I've ever seen! Dom you know anything about that? I've asked others before and nobody has any idear what the hell I'm talking about . I could be a little off but I remember it being about the size of a football field.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow this brings back memories. I went to St Vincent College in Latrobe.

I haven't played around there since the mid eighties.

I don't remember where I used to play off campus that was close.

But I do remember going down to Pittsburgh and playing at the Cue and Cushion on route 51 a lot. Not far from Paul Mottey's shop. I am from Pittsburgh.

I also played at the Golden Cue.

There were lots of places with a couple or three bar tables I played at too.

It was 85 when I got my Joss and got serious.

Thanks for the memories.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

But I do remember going down to Pittsburgh and playing at the Cue and Cushion on route 51 a lot. Not far from Paul Mottey's shop. I am from Pittsburgh.

Thanks for the memories.

I was there in 85, Doc....You must've went to Breakers, where Mark Gregory ruled.
...and you missed a treat if you didn't go to Jimmy Marino's. room in Bridgeville

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for the memories.

What was the na,email of the room on Carson st in Southside?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there in 85, Doc....You must've went to Breakers, where Mark Gregory ruled.
...and you missed a treat if you didn't go to Jimmy Marino's. room in Bridgeville

LOL!

Yes I did.

Seems like another life.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't remember but I probably got in more trouble in Southside than anywhere else in those days. But it wasn't playing pool trouble, it was girls, booze, weed, and "gangs". LOL! That was high school, before I went to St Vincent college and settled down a little, before I was playing pool.

After that I didn't hang out in Southside much, mostly because I sensed there were some people that didn't want to see me. Specifically LeeAnne's boyfriend...long story but he didn't like what went down between me an her in the back of my buddy's Trans Am....

Ten years later I was hanging out in Southside again a bit, but not playing pool there. I was married to my first wife and my life was very different.

Corvette Alan

Registered Screwball

You might be thinking of Shootz Cafe and Billiards. This has been closed for some time.
The other place on Carson is Dee's Cafe. They have tables upstairs.

The pool was probably the one at Mountain Pines Campground in Champion, Pa. It's the largest in the state and just off the turnpike.