Zero X Stroke drill

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I don't want to highjack MVP'S thread on his progress with Zero X, I just wanted to share that I completed the stroke drill and made it to 3K 3072 to be exact, I timed my sessions came out to 63 mins with shooting 256 shots per session twice a day, this was on a GC3 with 4.5 pockets using 16 balls per rack.

I would of been done a few days earlier but had an out of town a visitor, and did not want to be rude, i also did not did not do any other type of drill or played and games or anybody until this was completed, the first 2500 where going smooth but the last few sessions were brutal knowing I was on the back end about to wrap this whole thing up, I had to mentally fight myself and say just finish like you started and fight myself not to quit.

Like I said in MVP'S thread this was going to be a HUGE mental challenge and it really was I also learned a lot about my stroke and realized this was the exact thing I was looking for to shake the rust off my stroke.

Now back to the DVD.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job!!!!

Did it seem to change anything? Find any flaws?

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found a few but correct them, it made lossen up my back grip and I also threw in those little fine tune stroke then final stroke, overall big difference in my stroke, I'm still going to to avoid playing anybody for the next few weeks so I can really give this DVD a fair try.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stay with it, it's really helping me! More so with the pattern play disk.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The zeroX material is very good.

Oddly enough I watch about 4.5 hours of it today and caught a couple little tidbits I must of missed the other times I have watched it. Funny how that works.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The zeroX material is very good.

Oddly enough I watch about 4.5 hours of it today and caught a couple little tidbits I must of missed the other times I have watched it. Funny how that works.
This is why I always watch more then once, I always catch something that I didn't see before.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Congratulations!

I'm still in the triple digits myself but apparently pool is not like riding a bike. There's lots of rust and bad habits but with dedication that stroke drill is doing a great job of fixing them for me.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I've got drop pockets so I used a cue ball and did the drill of put the cb on the footspot, hit it down to head rail, have the cb come back to foot rail and back to foot spot. I marked the follow through point on table.

I felt this is basically the same thing only a touch better because when the cb comes off the head rail if it has any right or left english I know, plus gain some speed experience.

It stretched out my follow through. It's hard doing only this drill and not any other kind of play.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got drop pockets so I used a cue ball and did the drill of put the cb on the footspot, hit it down to head rail, have the cb come back to foot rail and back to foot spot. I marked the follow through point on table.

I felt this is basically the same thing only a touch better because when the cb comes off the head rail if it has any right or left english I know, plus gain some speed experience.

It stretched out my follow through. It's hard doing only this drill and not any other kind of play.

I have done the same several hundred times., however, I put 2 balls an 8th of an inch on each side from the center so if I am off a fraction it hits them.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I have done the same several hundred times., however, I put 2 balls an 8th of an inch on each side from the center so if I am off a fraction it hits them.

I snapped a chalk line down on the table.

Once you 'know' what straight is, as the chalk line fades, you know by the roll if you hit it square. There is no variance.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I never thought of using a chalk line, i'm going to use one next time i practice my stop drills then place the those binder stickers at both ends of the line.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are you guys talking about his initial dvd that suggest you shoot the ball into the corner pocket about 3000 times?

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a chalk line and discovered my follow trough was always a 1/2 cuetip to the left, then with some camera (iPhone) work discovered my backhand was brushing my belly. corrected it by moving my front foot in about 1/2" and back foot out 1/2" And now I got all the gut clearance I could ask for. These videos work but you MUST pay attention and get help with video or another player/coach other wise you ain't improving!

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a chalk line and discovered my follow trough was always a 1/2 cuetip to the left, then with some camera (iPhone) work discovered my backhand was brushing my belly. corrected it by moving my front foot in about 1/2" and back foot out 1/2" And now I got all the gut clearance I could ask for. These videos work but you MUST pay attention and get help with video or another player/coach other wise you ain't improving!

My follow thru was following the ware marks the balls where making, i did notice the softer my stroke the more it veered off, with a firm punch and pendulum stroke it was right on the line.

The straight in stop shot drill is proof that the stroke drill payed off because that CB is stopping dead at the contact point with the OB when i do manage to setup a straight in shot, that chalk line is going to help me set up a perfect straight in shot.