What would you do❓🎱

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
cut him a little slack Bill

Sounds like the barking came from the loser. Byer beware is a term that life dishes out at every turn. There are allot of people out there that learn the hard way, and :crying: about it. Sounds like someone doesn't like growing up and complains when they don't get their way. Sourgrapes....that's too bad, give em a hung and tell em it'll be ok in the morning.;)

I wouldn't actually hung him, maybe just a manly slap on the shoulder. Once you hung someone it tends to be pretty permanent.

Hu

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I introduced a good friend of mine to another good friend of mine that just moved back into town. Well to make a long story short they started barking at each other and ended up playing a pretty decent size 10 ahead set. My buddy that just moved back is pissed now because he lost pretty handily to my other friend and says I should have told him.

What do you do in this situation?

You didn't make the bet. Your friend is an adult (I assume). Tell him to act like one.

Personally speaking I wouldn't want to touch that with a 10 foot pole and would have done the same thing you did.

If anything, he should have asked you before he lost his ass.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
You didn't make the bet. Your friend is an adult (I assume). Tell him to act like one.

Personally speaking I wouldn't want to touch that with a 10 foot pole and would have done the same thing you did.

If anything, he should have asked you before he lost his ass.

Yeah. There wasn't much I could do about it. He is just mad that he lost 700. But I didn't take it. He will get over it or make a better game next time I guess. Im sure there will be a next time with these two. Neither one of them like to back down.

Im just gonna set back and watch!!:thumbup:

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 20 years ago when I was young and fiery, a friend contacts me and asks me to meet him in such and such pub for a drink and a few frames with a mate of his (that I had not met).

Anyway. I arrive early and put my name down (as you do in the UK) and then start playing this guy I had never met. I am beating him easily and he starts making not to subtle snidy remarks under his breath about my game, what I am wearing (a suit) and all sorts.

Within five minutes we are nearly at blows when my friend walks in and says

"Oh! You've met each other then!"

The guy I had been playing was obviously the guy he had arranged for me to meet..

So how did it go after that? Did you two become friends?

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah. There wasn't much I could do about it. He is just mad that he lost 700. But I didn't take it. He will get over it or make a better game next time I guess. Im sure there will be a next time with these two. Neither one of them like to back down.

Im just gonna set back and watch!!:thumbup:

Let me know if your friend is ever in the Houston area. :wink:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Did you force either to Bark at each other and make the game that they did?

No.

Then its his problem. If you had have warned him, he may have backed down and your other Bud would have been pissed at you for messing up his action and Vice Versa.

If he lets it slide, forget it. If he continues to remind you about it, tell him to grow up and don't expect you to get involved in his action unless he is handing you a cut.

If he had have won, you wouldn't have heard a Peep, except a bit of bragging maybe.

If he is in a hurry, steps off the curb and gets hit by a vehicle, is it your fault for not warning him that J Walking can be dangerous?

One of those situations of not Winning for Losing.

Last edited:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
They were both just trying to impress you. If I were you I would sleep with my back to the wall if one of them is spending the night with you. One wanted to show you he was better than the other one and one wanted to show you that he wasn't scared to play.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Alllllllennnnn! You don't sleep with your Buddies.

If I had to put my back side to the wall, I would be sleeping on the floor.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Wow this thread took a weird turn...

I was getting ready to say the same thing. Lol. But whatever, it's funny.

They are playing again right now. He is getting the eight and not liking it as we speak. He is gonna get smashed again.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Hmmm.. if they're gonna keep going at it like this, you should ask for a cut for steering your buddy into such easy money.