5-piece cue?

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My dad has a 5 piece cue, in a small square wooden box. It is really old, at least 50 years. I don't recall the make, but I'm just wondering if there is a chance this thing is worth something? My first impression is that it couldn't hit worth a dang with 5 pieces to screw together, but I didn't mess with it.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
My dad has a 5 piece cue, in a small square wooden box. It is really old, at least 50 years. I don't recall the make, but I'm just wondering if there is a chance this thing is worth something? My first impression is that it couldn't hit worth a dang with 5 pieces to screw together, but I didn't mess with it.

Your first impression is correct. Most of these 5 piece cues were circa Vietnam war...brought back as souvenirs. I had one myself, at one time. Most of them were built of ramin wood...I still have my carved walking stick/pool cue from back then. It isn't worth much either, but it brings back memories...some good, some not so good...

Joe

001-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0

Most are not worth much, but every now and then you find one that has Ivory joints. In the end, most cues that are 5 piece were made in Asia and brought back to the USA, so they only have sentimental value.

I would recommend posting photo's.

Have a nice night