Should I Dump My GCIV?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW,
My GCIV had new rails put on about a year ago and the pockets then made 4.5 inches. Plus its got Simonis 860 on it.

This has been an age old problem ever since I got the GCIV.

r/DCP

realkingcobra

Silver Member
FWIW,
My GCIV had new rails put on about a year ago and the pockets then made 4.5 inches. Plus its got Simonis 860 on it.

This has been an age old problem ever since I got the GCIV.

r/DCP

Well, that all depends on who worked on the table too as to how it plays.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe the table was cursed. Find a local witch doctor and do a cleansing.

Funny thing about things being cursed, in an online game I played that was one of the first ones there was a specific character that got famous. He always said that whenever he would be in a group, the monsters would pick to attack him. He also would have very bad luck with finding equipment. Seemed like just random stuff and he was overreacting. But he got famous over being unlucky. Fast forward several years and one of the developers found that when he character was created, the data files for him were setup in such a way that the number generator for attacks and loot rolls would act differently for his character than others, so his "bad luck" was very real and programmed in to the game LOL!

So the table being cursed for you may be a real thing, who knows. Holy water maybe if not a witch doctor. Do others have issues making balls on the table?

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the Gold Crown I play like God but on the Diamond I use God in many of my sentences:embarrassed2:.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Funniest pool quote I heard in the longest time. Almost spat my morning beverage from laughing.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think from now on out I am doing to just quit breaking. Roll about seven balls out on the table and take CB in hand and go from there. I just have such horrible luck on the break with the rolls, spreads, etc, that after about 14 years of beating my head against the wall I am starting to get a headache.

r/DCP

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think from now on out I am doing to just quit breaking. Roll about seven balls out on the table and take CB in hand and go from there. I just have such horrible luck on the break with the rolls, spreads, etc, that after about 14 years of beating my head against the wall I am starting to get a headache.

r/DCP

Can you run out with BIH this way rolling out 7 balls more times than not? If the answer is no, the break does not even matter.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP

You already own one of the best, most popular tables ever made! Stop making excuses for your poor play..Some of the best pool in history, has been played on a GC1V!..(see Efren, Alex, and many others)..Get a good mechanic to tweak it where its needed, and stop blaming the table for your shortcomings! ..If you can't play on a GC lV..face it, you can't play! :cool:

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have a GCI with Simonis, 4 1/2" pockets, 3 different almost new ball sets, and a Delta Elite rack. Up until recently I did not have problems making a ball on 8 ball racks. Suddenly I could go 10 or more breaks without dropping one and the spreads were crappy too. I started using my Outsville template and I get 1-3 balls in every break with mostly beautiful layouts. Not sure if its the weather, I think it is but my cloth is pretty worn too.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you're playing 9-ball:

Why seven balls. It's nuts to think you're entitled to 2 balls on every break.

If it is really the table, break and play position on the one. The runouts will mean more.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geezus, he's back! :boring::smash:

Perhaps a new cue, table lighting or cloth color might solve things. :shrug: That's a real conundrum... :scratchhead:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've started playing again the last few weeks. Didn't hit them around for about six months but now sort of getting the fever again.

As many on here will recall over the years I have a terrible time getting a ball down on my Gold Crown IV. It must be an extremely stingy table. I am just wondering if its time to switch from the GCIV to a Diamond Professional, or a Diamond ProAm, perhaps?

Anybody have any experience in playing with these tables? Does the GCIV have a reputation of being stingy?

I am sort of at my wits end here. I bet I broke about 30-35 racks tonight and only had one, maybe two, chances to run out.

r/DCP

I had trouble on my new table making one of the wing balls on a 9 ball template. My teacher looked at it and in one minute said just to move the CB over one ball width toward the side rail (off of one diamond) and use low English with a little more angle on the one ball. The CB will hit near the side pocket and over to the other side pocket and just perfect for the one ball! It works almost every time! My point is; have you had a quality teacher come over? As my cloth and everything wears, I'm sure the sure cure will be other CB breaks. He'll tell me which.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
P.S. Your pockets are 4.25" This from 6/3/16. Try golf or croquet, please!!!

I am at my wits end. No progress at all. Nearly 18 years ago I picked up this hobby and have gotten a little better but that's it. I cant runout for sh~t anymore. And my Gold Crown IV, now with the 4.25 inch pockets, is even stingier than ever off the break. I broke 44 times this afternoon and evening and had one good chance to runout and one decent chance to runout. 2 out of 42. The other 42 times were hopeless for anybody. And I hosed up both chances I had.

Maybe I should just sell everything and give up. The way things are right now that sounds like a good idea. I am just beating my head against the wall right now.

r/Mike

Jerry Forsyth

Don't sell that GC! We have requested a press release from an excellent table mechanic who makes new rail sets for the Gold Crown. We hope to have it on the front page in the next few days.

I imagine that this man can make you rails that have pockets of whatever size and facing angle you desire.

If you cannot wait for the release, just write him at: jerimychambers@yahoo.com

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

r/DCP

Consider you dont play competitively at all or anywhere else for that matter... I think this is the best course of action for yourself and the forum.