Schon Cue Identification Help, Please

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Would anybody know what model Schon this is? I cannot find it online anywhere.
I apologize as this is the only image I have.

I believe it is dated somewhere between '89-'92 as the original shaft is unsigned and non-stitched, and the points are CNC machine cut. The butt sleeve is signed Schon with the curly S and the o does not have the umlaut over it. The forearm is bird's eye maple with six points of ebony and possibly cocobolo or pink ivory wood. The butt has the same design. The rings are ladder design with alternating ivory and the same reddish brown wood as in the points. The wrap is black w/ white speck.

Any info would be appreciated, including what the ivory inlay design might be called, as this could help in my search.

Thank you.

i3VgRL.jpg

YzirTs.jpg

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I believe it is dated somewhere between '89-'92 as the original shaft is unsigned and non-stitched, and the points are CNC machine cut. The butt sleeve is signed Schon with curly S but the o does not have the umlaut over it. The wrap is black w/ white speck.

Any info would be appreciated, including what the ivory inlay design might be called, as this could help in my search.

Thank you.

i3VgRL.jpg
Never seen that one either. If no one here knows i'd send a pic to Schon themselves.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I'd put it on facebook schon site or obm and see if you can get Evan Clarke to respond.

I believe it is dated somewhere between '89-'92 as the original shaft is unsigned and non-stitched, and the points are CNC machine cut. The butt sleeve is signed Schon with the curly S and the o does not have the umlaut over it. The forearm is bird's eye maple with six points of ebony and possibly cocobolo or pink ivory wood. The butt has the same design. The rings are ladder design with alternating ivory and the same reddish brown wood as in the points. The wrap is black w/ white speck.

Thank you.

i3VgRL.jpg

I have no idea, but why do you not also add a picture of the butt below the wrap? That might help with identification.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I'd put it on facebook schon site or obm and see if you can get Evan Clarke to respond.

Do I need to be on facebook to do that? I have never joined.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is obm?

Thank you for the suggestions.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I have no idea, but why do you not also add a picture of the butt below the wrap? That might help with identification.

I do not have any other pictures. The cue is in another state at the moment, but I will as soon as I have the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for looking.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Original

Awesome!

Thanks for the find. I thought it was discontinued as the owner has had it for over 25 years.

Thanks again, my friend and thank you all for your input and advice.

I would have to see the signature on the butt the my guess is if it's a mid 90's model
then it's not a cx model. It was probably built before they started that line.

So if any thing they use your cue as a starting point and changed it a little for the cx-18 model that was born years later.
But again not for sure til you no roughly year yours was made.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I would have to see the signature on the butt the my guess is if it's a mid 90's model

So if any thing they use your cue as a starting point and changed it a little for the cx-18 model that was born years later.

The butt cap is ivory color and the signature is in black, with the curly S and no umlaut over the o. It is approximately 1.25" long.

The original shaft is unsigned. I guesstimate between '89-'92.

Thank you.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome!

Thanks for the find. I thought it was discontinued as the owner has had it for over 25 years.

Thanks again, my friend and thank you all for your input and advice.

The butt cap is ivory color and the signature is in black, with the curly S and no umlaut over the o. It is approximately 1.25" long.

The original shaft is unsigned. I guesstimate between '89-'92.

Thank you.

Well if it's between 89-92 then it's a Runde era cue (yes even with rounded points) which I believe was well before the CX line started.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

Moet.1977 said:

I added an image of the butt below the wrap showing the signature to the original post.

Thanks again to everybody for helping ID this Schon.