Steve Mizerak

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum. :)

They were made by Kao-Kao in Taiwan I believe.

EDIT: I was responding based on the assumption the poster was asking about Mizerak branded cues. I posted further information below regarding the Adam line. I included pics of signatures and logos from some of my own cues for reference and assistance in differentiating these cues.

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know what cue company made the older Mizerak cues?

I am not sure if he ever had a deal with anyone to put out a line of cues with his name on them, other then the ones that sold in K Mart and were made over seas. At times well known cue makers have had cues with players names on them such as Richard Black who put out a line of Danny DiLiberto cues or Huebler who had a line of Jean Balukas cues.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Actually he had a deal with Adam cues in the 70's. Cicero Murphey, Hopkins, Miz and Rempe had signature cues. I had a flyer with CM, AH, and SM at the table all dressed in tuxes with the line of cues on the table.

JV

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure if he ever had a deal with anyone to put out a line of cues with his name on them, other then the ones that sold in K Mart and were made over seas. At times well known cue makers have had cues with players names on them such as Richard Black who put out a line of Danny DiLiberto cues or Huebler who had a line of Jean Balukas cues.

He had licensed his name to be used on numerous products including at least a couple of cue lines. The cues I was speaking of were imported by Harold Miller, who knew Mizerak, and was involved in Cobra cues among others. They were essentially the same cues as the old Cobra cues, though some of the old Cobras were made by Schmelke. Harold Miller died in 2003 I think. His son, David, started Axiom cues, another importer. Another cousin who was involved started the Slyfoxx brand and later Craftmaster. Mizerak was, apparently, a friend of the family. I have spoken to a couple of people that were involved in the production and importation of these cues. They knew Mizerak, he was involved in the business, and it was a Miller family business. The Dove was Mizerak's logo and it was on some of his personal cues, including I think at least one Balabushka. So, although a lot of people seem to want to distance Mizerak from the Dove cues as much as they can for some reason, the reality is he was involved in that business and that was his line of cues.

The Dove cues are not the same cues, nor the same importer, as the ones you see for sale these days with the Mizerak name in green.

My response above was for the Mizerak branded cues, with the dove logo.

As classiccues pointed out there were also the Adam Mizerak cues. The Adam cues had a different signature, were better quality than the Dove cues, and were Adam branded. Some of them were actually sold through Burton Spain's shop.

The Adam Mizerak cue signature looks like this:

IMG_0693.JPG

Most but not all have the Adam logo on the butt cap:
IMG_0691.JPG

The Mizerak dove cue signature looked like this:
IMG_0688.JPG

The Dove logo looked like this:
IMG_0373.JPG