Silver Member
Found this in the 1-P wanted ads....

For sale. Used only once.

th

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Pool Player roll call....please step up....

Alright, pool players, when I announce your game, say "here."

8-Ball?

here

9-Ball

here

Straight pool?

here

Rotation?

here

One Pocket?

...One Pocket?

...One pocket?...

giphy.gif

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Alright, pool players, when I announce your game, say "here."

8-Ball?

here

9-Ball

here

Straight pool?

here

Rotation?

here

One Pocket?

...One Pocket?

...One pocket?...

giphy.gif

Jeff Livingston
Two days after Shane beat Amar in the one pocket tournament in Sacramento...
....in another thread, Poolhustler asks " One pocket is over? "
....well, yeah, Shane skunked him, otherwise it would be still going.

Oh, by the way, Jeff..One Pocket?....here, sorta...gimme a week to be sure....

WVShootist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched some good players play a few games of one pocket on Friday, when I got home that morning I decided to YouTube some one pocket. I finally found a version of pool I can't watch--was nothing but safeties on top of safeties on top of safeties. I appreciate a good safety as much as the next guy but... make a ball sometime. Reminded me of soccer.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I watched some good players play a few games of one pocket on Friday, when I got home that morning I decided to YouTube some one pocket. I finally found a version of pool I can't watch--was nothing but safeties on top of safeties on top of safeties. I appreciate a good safety as much as the next guy but... make a ball sometime. Reminded me of soccer.

Yeah....the best one pocket to watch is when the the players are creatively aggressive. Controlled aggression makes for great action. It is very boring to watch two overly defensive/passive players play the game.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah....the best one pocket to watch is when the the players are creatively aggressive. Controlled aggression makes for great action. It is very boring to watch two overly defensive/passive players play the game.

Among good players, ther are rarely shots that i would call 'punts'.

There is a strategy to where you put all the balls.

Sounds simple/ obvious, but there are subtleties that are not readily visible to the unedgumikated.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Among good players, ther are rarely shots that i would call 'punts'.

There is a strategy to where you put all the balls.

Sounds simple/ obvious, but there are subtleties that are not readily visible to the unedgumikated.

Very true. There should be no punting. Lol. I like that use of the word "punt", because that's basically what a lot of weaker players do. That's why those types get at least 9-6 or 10-5.

The creative aspect of the game, moving balls to certain places, setting traps, etc...., that is what makes the game entertaining to watch. I guess for non one-pocket players they probably don't realize the complexity that a simple strategic shot can bring to the game. They don't know what is going on with little subtle moves here and there. Beginning players tend to think that their only option every time is to either play a safety or pocket a ball, even if it means punting. The meaning of risk vs reward is beyond their understanding.

And sure not every shot can be a genius move, but when all you're doing is batting the cue ball back and forth from one side of the rack to the other, or continually leaving the cue ball on the foot rail because you lack the creative capacity to do something more productive....well, that's a boring way to play and a boring game to witness.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play 1-P every day but Sunday for 3 to 4 hours each day. I'm a part of a foursome and we have some super-duper games with lots of strategy and plenty of calculated, but daring moves.

Rarely do we get into a safety battle that lasts too long because each and every one of us is familiar with 1,2,3,4 and 5 rail shots to score. Playing at this level makes for a really enjoyable game each and every time.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Breaking news about one pocket.....

Found in today's newspaper:

A District judge has ordered the winner of a local pool tournament to return another player, a 1-pocket player, to the pool hall after taking him home after the tournament.

Said "Fast Eddie," the tournament winner, "I thought he was the trophy!"

In related story, 2 masked anti-fa local teenagers have been arrested for toppling over another 1-pocket player to the ground. "We thought he was a statue," they said while being handcuffed.

Jeff Livingston

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

One Pocket is so slow. Play Tom Wirth. He pulls a needle from a haystack and the game is gone. Have seen him pull a hat from a rabbit. Damn run-out players.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
never play one pocket in an atrium

IMG_4608.JPG

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
One Pocket is so slow. Play Tom Wirth. He pulls a needle from a haystack and the game is gone. Have seen him pull a hat from a rabbit. Damn run-out players.

Tom Wirth is incredible. I pulled a Wirth move on a guy a last weekend, played an aggressive 2-railer and punched the rack, rolling several balls toward my hole. The 2-railer hit the pocket and I ran 8 more. I was spotting the guy 9-6. He said, "What was that?" Lol