How do I improve my aim, cant see with my left eye

eddiecolon

Registered
Hello. I am a lefty , and 4 yrs ago I lost vision in my left eye. Im 63 and I love shooting pool since I was a teenager.
I am not as good as I was when I had 2 good eyes , I have really tried increasing my practice time but you know how dificult that can be. I wanna start shooting on a team again and I want advice from an instructor, is there anything I can do different ?

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Hello. I am a lefty , and 4 yrs ago I lost vision in my left eye. Im 63 and I love shooting pool since I was a teenager.
I am not as good as I was when I had 2 good eyes , I have really tried increasing my practice time but you know how dificult that can be. I wanna start shooting on a team again and I want advice from an instructor, is there anything I can do different ?

I'm happy to give you a free hour's lesson and help you adjust with aim/sighting. Send me a PM. Of course, I'll review your stance, stroke and other fundamentals also.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Have you tried changing your head position over the stick so your right eye is more directly over it?

"Eye dominance" is often the same as "hand dominance" (left handers often have left eye dominant), so you might have lost sight in your dominant eye, which could suggest a change in head position over the cue. This might be true even if you were always right eye dominant.

I strongly recommend taking a look at Dr. Dave's "vision center" info here: http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/eyes.html

pj
chgo

Last edited:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Before you can apply any fixes to your problems, you have to know more specifically what your problems are. Everyone has more than one issue with their game. It's usually a combination of things.

Since it's been 4 years since your vision loss, you've probably already been compensating for it without realizing it.

Sometimes it's better to seek out help from someone who knows how to diagnose your issues. Ask if there's someone like that at your local pool room who can help you or you can go to playbetterbilliards.com and do a search for a credentialed instructor in your area. You're better off working with someone one-on-one in your situation.

row21097

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before you can apply any fixes to your problems, you have to know more specifically what your problems are. Everyone has more than one issue with their game. It's usually a combination of things.

Since it's been 4 years since your vision loss, you've probably already been compensating for it without realizing it.

Sometimes it's better to seek out help from someone who knows how to diagnose your issues. Ask if there's someone like that at your local pool room who can help you or you can go to playbetterbilliards.com and do a search for a credentialed instructor in your area. You're better off working with someone one-on-one in your situation.

A sinceable response!

eddiecolon

Registered
I'm sorry I didnt come back sooner , to say I appreciate the great responses all of you have given me. I am the original poster. Yes , to Fran Crimi , I already compensate by moving my head more to my left , so I can use more of my right eye. I am practicing alit these days because I am going to join an 8ball team next month. BTW , Fran Crimi , I wanted to see you , back when you were at Corner Billiards , NYC. Years ago. Didnt get that chance.