Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Lying Laurie Franklin of SW cues
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
jack 195
Banned
jack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond reputejack 195 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-24-2017, 02:24 AM

Does the Southwest cue company make sneaky pete cues? I'd be interested in that spot if they do.

Old
  (#32)
runscott
AzB Silver Member
runscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2017, 06:19 PM

I think it's just frustrating for people who really want a cue from a particular maker, and demand and wait lists make it almost impossible.

I'm so old at this point that there are many cuemakers who would be shipping to a dead man by the time my name came up.

No problems with Laurie over here....
Old
  (#33)
DanRozz
AzB Bronze Member
DanRozz is on a distinguished road

Question No problems with Laurie over here.... - 02-06-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justabrake View Post
Iíve been on her list for over 12 years and she confirmed this last year by my SS# over emails and phone calls we had and said my spot is coming up soon and I asked her if I could pay in advance and she said no weíll call you Never heard back from her it was a 5-7 year wait back then when I added my my name to that list what I lying POS
If you have some specific bone to pick - you could be more specific about exactly what happened, and/or maybe try to settle it with her. Your post is a bit unclear/vague.

I was on that waitlist 13 years before I got the cue. Didn't pay a dime up front. Again- not sure what your issue was/is. But... Most people here aren't going to help you vent about an issue with Laurie.

I have to chime in, at the risk of getting pilloried for an unsolicited message...
My experience, and from what I read most people here, with Laurie is that she's a real stand-up person. Personally, I got on the waitlist in 2005, got an email from Laurie last year, ordered/designed a cue with her, and got it about a month ago. No problems, no issues. Just a professional interaction with a veteran cue artisan.

Old
  (#34)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2018, 04:48 AM

I can't understand this SW thing. My Rick Howard was built by Rick. When I ordered my Josey, I wanted Keith to build it, not Sherrie. Nothing against Sherrie, it was her I communicated most with.
Same with Gilbert J/B, I wanted Andy hands on. My McDermott I didn't care, I bought it knowing it was built by employees, and I didn't care who built my Schmelke.
If I was the least bit interested in a SW, I would want Jerry-built, not Laurie or another employee, regardless of how long they've been there, especially for that amount of money!

Last edited by Johnny Rosato; 02-07-2018 at 04:51 AM. Reason: sp

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: