Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Choice between cues
View Poll Results: Best cue combining playing, build quality, warranty, value for money
Lucasi Hybrid Series 2 11.11%
Players HXT 6 33.33%
Players Rawhide RH 0 0%
Pechauer JP-N 1 5.56%
Pechauer Pro H Sneaky Pete 5 27.78%
Pechauer Pool Cue Professional P-G 2 2 11.11%
Poison cues with Venom2 shaft 1 5.56%
Joss BB-1/101/201/10-01 3 16.67%
Meucci Pool Cue M1 1 5.56%
Balabushka GB-1 1 5.56%
Katana with LD shaft 2 11.11%
Viking Exactshot 0 0%
Vikng with Vikore shaft 2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
vlahmapoutras
AzB Bronze Member
vlahmapoutras is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

01-29-2018, 09:34 AM

I also contacted Pechauer for the joint type on my cue and they answered

"Our joint is our own speed joint. The threads start out as normal 5/16 x 14, but then expand out to a larger shoulder."

in case that helps anyone!

Old
  (#17)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

01-29-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahmapoutras View Post
Just wanted to thank you all on your contributions. I went for the Pechauer Pro-H. It's a beautiful in its simplicity, well-constructed cue. Excellent cue at a nice price!
Let us know how a non Pechauer shaft fits on that pin.
And good luck with that.

Playng cue- Troy Downey
Back up cue - The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Still straighter than 90 % of all Meucci cues ever made
"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#18)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

01-29-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I also contacted Pechauer for the joint type on my cue and they answered

"Our joint is our own speed joint. The threads start out as normal 5/16 x 14, but then expand out to a larger shoulder."

in case that helps anyone!
I had a Pechauer and called them to see what other shafts will fit that speed joint.
The arrogant person laughed and said you have to buy an extra shaft from us only.
No,no i dont I sold the cue.

Playng cue- Troy Downey
Back up cue - The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Still straighter than 90 % of all Meucci cues ever made
"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#19)
Chuck Fields
Trouble in RiverCity
Chuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond repute

01-29-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
I had a Pechauer and called them to see what other shafts will fit that speed joint.
The arrogant person laughed and said you have to buy an extra shaft from us only.
Its a half threaded 5/16 14 pin. To make a non Pechauer shaft work on a Pechauer, all you need to do is to bore out the shaft insert to the major diameter of the pin, however deep it is (cant remember at this moment and dont have one in front of me to measure, something like 3/8-1/2" or so).

Any reputable cue repair person can accomplish this in 5 minutes or so.

Old
  (#20)
vlahmapoutras
AzB Bronze Member

01-29-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
Based on personal experience I think you might refer to a rude reseller since every time I contacted them they were very polite, quick to reply and prompted me to other shops which could supply me with shafts.

Old
  (#21)
DEXTER
Runde fan
DEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond reputeDEXTER has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

01-29-2018, 07:16 PM

I had a OB 5/16-14 shaft that fit my Pechauer fine.

Shooting cue Ed Prewitt

Old
  (#22)
Chuck Fields
Trouble in RiverCity
Chuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond repute

01-29-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEXTER View Post
I had a OB 5/16-14 shaft that fit my Pechauer fine.
The older Pechauers had fully threaded pins. If you are referring to a Pechauer with the speed pin, then yes, most aftermarket shaft makers do currently make shafts that will fit it. The 314-3 shafts that I use on my Joss were made for Pechauer cues. I personally like the quick release aspect (as only the back half of the shaft inserts are threaded), and the dashed ringwork is close enough for me.

The speed joint needs an insert that has the opening bored out to accept the unthreaded portion of their speed joint pin.

Old
  (#23)
vlahmapoutras
AzB Bronze Member

01-29-2018, 07:56 PM

Btw will the following joint protectors

https://www.doubledavecues.com/joint...x14-p-532.html

fit my Pechauer Pro-H?

Old
  (#24)
Chuck Fields
Trouble in RiverCity

01-29-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Btw will the following joint protectors

https://www.doubledavecues.com/joint...x14-p-532.html

fit my Pechauer Pro-H?
Nope, those will not work without the female cap (that goes on the butt of the cue) being bored out like I mentioned for the shafts above.

These are the correct ones, but they are more expensive.

https://www.doubledavecues.com/pecha...or-p-2546.html

If you have a drill press or even a hand drill and a vise, modifying the cheaper caps you linked in your post, is not difficult.
  • Use a 5/16 drill bit (or 8mm if you are across the pond)
  • Measure the length of the unthreaded portion of the pin, and use a piece of masking tape etc to mark your drill bit as your depth gauge.
  • Proceed to drill the threads to depth. (better to stop short, you can always drill a little deeper if need be)
  • Check the fit of the cap on the cue and drill deeper if need be

Old
  (#25)
vlahmapoutras
AzB Bronze Member

01-29-2018, 10:09 PM

Thanks, I will try your modification. With the male cap of the shaft there will be no problem?

Old
  (#26)
Chuck Fields
Trouble in RiverCity

01-29-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I will try your modification. With the male cap of the shaft there will be no problem?
The only thing I can see being a potential problem is if the threaded stem that goes into the shaft were too short to catch the threads.

Old
  (#27)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fields View Post
Nope, those will not work without the female cap (that goes on the butt of the cue) being bored out like I mentioned for the shafts above.

These are the correct ones, but they are more expensive.

https://www.doubledavecues.com/pecha...or-p-2546.html

If you have a drill press or even a hand drill and a vise, modifying the cheaper caps you linked in your post, is not difficult.
  • Use a 5/16 drill bit (or 8mm if you are across the pond)
  • Measure the length of the unthreaded portion of the pin, and use a piece of masking tape etc to mark your drill bit as your depth gauge.
  • Proceed to drill the threads to depth. (better to stop short, you can always drill a little deeper if need be)
  • Check the fit of the cap on the cue and drill deeper if need be
That's good information. I just bought my 3rd Pechauer Pro...this one from the mid nineties that does not have the speed joint. They have always been very prompt in my email questions and when I have called them. I love the way the cues play compared to other cues I have tried. I hope you are happy with your choice.

Old
  (#28)
Cychotron
AzB Bronze Member
Cychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond reputeCychotron has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2018, 09:57 AM

What about the jacoby hybrid shaft? I am still getting used to the cue but so far it hits real nice and deflection seems very low. Still need play time on it though its pretty new.
I used an R360 before this and its a suprisingly good hitting cue/shaft. If costs was an issue id start there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player - Jacoby custom laminated w/ Hybrid shaft

Jump/break - Willie Blade custom on order

Case - Instroke Cowboy 2x4

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: