Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Carom Billiards
Reload this Page Tournament in new York, world's best 6, winner receives 150k
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
mr3cushion
Regestered User
mr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-12-2018, 09:09 PM

Bert, what was the criteria to invite the 12 chosen players?

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
"Good Shooting & Good Billiards"
http://mr3cushion.com/

stupid question
Old
  (#17)
nkvilliecues
AzB Silver Member
nkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond repute

stupid question - 02-13-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
For a really smart guy that is one of the dumbest questions I have ever heard you ask in all these 50 years we have known each other. Ask your self: "WHAT WOULD ERNIE HAVE SAID!!" Call me up about this as if I gave you my thoughts on the matter Mr.Wilson would ban me forever.

Old
  (#18)
mr3cushion
Regestered User
mr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2018, 09:43 AM

I hope this event is the success the promoters anticipate!

Secondly, it will be curious to see how the chosen players handle the pressure playing for this kind of money! If the winner goes thru the tournament undefeated, He will have played for $2,885.00 PER POINT!

I personally have been in this position several times in my life and have come out on top!

I have played 3 cushion for $2.00 a game all the way up to $90,000.00 a game, and I can tell you from my own experience for me, the ONLY differences were the 'Zero's!'

For me, winning is everything, because it was ALWAYS about the money, period!

I'm glad to see that I'm still alive to see this type of prize fund started in this country, I only wish my game was at the level I know it could be to be able to participate in a such a special venue!

"Good Shooting and Good Billiards" to all the players!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
"Good Shooting & Good Billiards"
http://mr3cushion.com/

Last edited by mr3cushion; 02-14-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Old
  (#19)
KissedOut
AzB Silver Member
KissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
In one article I saw they said it was the top 6 ranked players, plus the 2 most recent World Champions not in the top 6, 2 iconic stars of an earlier era, and the top 2 Americans. All but Pedro and Hugo are former world champions.

Old
  (#20)
maldito
AzB Silver Member
maldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2018, 10:10 AM

If you can afford to bankroll a tournament like this and you are promoting the game you free stream it for the public to see no Kozoom or other memberships required.

The toughest shot on the table is the one you just missed......Myron Zownir

I've been watching guys tilt the rack before you were born ... Earl Strickland

Even If Donald Trump wins all of the toss up States He can't win ...... Rachel Madow

Old
  (#21)
beneath_the_sur
play 1cushion & balkline
beneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2018, 10:41 AM

Maybe he's not doing it to promote the game
Maybe it's all for his amusement, and maybe he gets a cut of the kozoom sales in it somehow

Maybe

But don't hold your breath for a free stream

Support the growth and awareness of Carom in the us
Buy your self a Texas Carom club shirt and become an honorary member

http://forums.azbilliards.com/album....ictureid=17889
http://forums.azbilliards.com/album....ictureid=17890

ask me about balkline and 1 cushion billiards

Old
  (#22)
mazin shooni
AzB Bronze Member
mazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond reputemazin shooni has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2018, 12:13 PM

I hope that the event is a great Success and I am sure it will be and wish all the players the best of luck, My only hope that the USBA was included in this,

Best to all
Mazin Shooni
USBA President

Old
  (#23)
nkvilliecues
AzB Silver Member
nkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond repute

02-14-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazin shooni View Post
I hope that the event is a great Success and I am sure it will be and wish all the players the best of luck, My only hope that the USBA was included in this,

Best to all
Mazin Shooni
USBA President
I too wish all the players the best of luck. My only concern is that the USBA seems not to have been consulted by the UMB in the planning of this event. As it is being held in this country this seems to me to be rather odd.

Last edited by nkvilliecues; 02-16-2018 at 06:54 AM.

Old
  (#24)
nkvilliecues
AzB Silver Member

02-14-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldito View Post
If you can afford to bankroll a tournament like this and you are promoting the game you free stream it for the public to see no Kozoom or other memberships required.
[COLOR=I believe there will be a live stream with the help of Kazoom[/COLOR]

Last edited by nkvilliecues; 02-16-2018 at 06:49 AM.

Old
  (#25)
nkvilliecues
AzB Silver Member

02-14-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
i hope this event is the success the promoters anticipate!

Secondly, it will be curious to see how the chosen players handle the pressure playing for this kind of money! If the winner goes thru the tournament undefeated, he will have played for $2,885.00 per point!

i personally have been in this position a several times in my life and have come out on top!

I have played 3 cushion for $2.00 a game all the way up to $90,000.00 a game, and i can tell you from my own experience for me, the only differences were the 'zero's!'

for me, winning is everything, because it was always about the money, period!

I'm glad to see that i'm still alive to see this type of prize fund started in this country, i only wish my game was at the level i know it could be to be able to participate in a such a special venue!

"good shooting and good billiards" to all the players!
an interesting thought....I would be nervous playing for that kind of cheese even tho it is not my own.....I know you probably would not tho

Last edited by nkvilliecues; 02-16-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Old
  (#26)
kkdanamatt
AzB Gold Member
kkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond repute

02-14-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazin shooni View Post

Best to all
Mazin Shooni
USBA President
You are right!
This wealthy patron could have put up $500,000.00 in prize money instead of $608,000.00.
That extra $108,000.00 could have been put to good use in promoting 3-Cushion Billiards and encouraging new 3-Cushion players all across the US.

Old
  (#27)
nkvilliecues
AzB Silver Member

02-16-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert van Manen View Post
Dennis, just for the sake of argument, let's assume you and I were on the beach some time ago. We found an old lamp, rubbed it, and out popped a genie. She gave us only one wish, and instead of being selfish, we decided to wish for some billionaire to come along and sink a million dollars into our beloved sport of 3-cushion.

To our amazement, the wish was granted. What were we to say to the genie?
"STUPID WOMAN. YOU USED THE WRONG BILLIONAIRE."

I think that would not only be extremely rude, it would also qualify as an effort to be more catholic than the Pope.

This tournament will do a lot more than stroke a rich man's ego. It will be the shot in the arm the game is in dire need of, on the American continent even more than anywhere else.

The Crystal Kelly tournaments (1994 - 2011) were not streamed, the McCreery will be. We could look this gift horse in the mouth, or we could look forward to some mouth-watering 3-cushion in August.
And enjoy the irony: that the event was named after a tax man.

Bert: I have always enjoyed your pithy comments and your wit. I hope you enjoy my wit also but suspect it is only about half the time....

I am making a video concerning genies and beaches that I hope will amuse you.....too long to type out although I am working from sort of a script. Will be working on the third take sometime today and if happy will be posting it on you tube. it will be no more than 5 minutes long and I am looking forward to your comments on it.

Cheerzzzz

ddddddddddddddddddddd

Old
  (#28)
beneath_the_sur
play 1cushion & balkline
beneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2018, 07:48 AM

Did we go back in time or have we entered the goolag as Dennis would say

This thread was longer yesterday

Old
  (#29)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

02-18-2018, 10:33 PM

I have no problem with the name of a backer being out there, but I don't think we have to badmouth his politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneath_the_sur View Post
Did we go back in time or have we entered the goolag as Dennis would say

This thread was longer yesterday

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#30)
beneath_the_sur
play 1cushion & balkline

02-19-2018, 05:20 AM

Seems now that ira and Roberts names have been removed from the article

I'm over it,I don't care how much money is or isn't up for grabs
I don't need money to get me interested in billiards
I don't even watch or play 3c anyway
Cancelled my kozoom membership last yr