What is best CUSTOM CUE FOR YOU?

Best Custom Made Cue

• Total voters

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played way better many years ago and don't have the cue now, but I think the best playing custom cue I ever had was a 4-point ebony cue that I had Richard Black make for me back in 1978.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Four of the best are conspicuous omissions.....JOEL HERCEK......ED PREWITT......DANNY TIBBITTS........BURTON SPAIN (R.I.P.).........These guys are truly among the most elite cue-makers.

Matt B.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I guess you're really looking for the SECOND BEST cue maker since Searing isn't included?

Jason

Ya know its come to mind that of all the time I spend on these forums, I can't ever remember you posting any of YOUR cues.

How bout givin' the dog a bone...

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
No Showman, Manzino, Mobley, Tascarella etc. Is this a poll for 2nd, 3rd, 4th tier or worse cuemakers? Just askin
Jason

Barry Szamboti
Ron Haley

At least he included Keith Josey. :thumbup:... Looks aside (that's subjective), theres nothing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th tier about him...

desmocourtney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked Lambros from the list, my player.

I would love to try a Searing some day.

Mike Cochran and Tim Scruggs were my favorite cue makers. RIP

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Showman, Manzino, Mobley, Tascarella etc. Is this a poll for 2nd, 3rd, 4th tier or worse cuemakers? Just askin
Jason

Barry Szamboti
Ron Haley

I think most of the responses are from people who are actually shooting pool on a steady basis. They have tried a various amount of cues and know what they like in a hit. Not too many people go to the pool hall with a 3-4 thousand dollar cue, Szams, Boars, Blacks, Ginas and others are top of the line cues, but most people dont want to watch their cue like a hawk all night. I go to the pool hall for fun and relaxation not to stressed out over my choice of pool cue for the evening. I bang with a Pierce and a Olney because I like the hit. Upon the same thought I have owned a couple of Black Boars, a truck load of Schons, a really nice Black, etc. We have shooters and we have more expensive cues. I used to take my Boar in all the time. People would ask why I brought such a nice, expensive cue to the pool hall. All cues are made for shooting. I wouldnt own a cue unless I could take to the hall. Does the cue make the man or does the man make the cue ? Closet queens or working tools, we all make our own choice. Happy shooting and collecting to all.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
My James White cue is my go to player but I've played with Gilbert's, Blackcreek, Skip Weston, Vigus, and.a few others. I'd say my favorites have been White, Vigus and Blackcreek.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Robert Owen (Shurtz Cues).........Take a look at the cue in the Cue Gallery he just made for me.

He is incredibly talented, prices are way beyond competitive, unquestionable integrity,
incredible customer service, creative designs, willing to indulge and tackle any design,
and the guy is just as friendly and pleasant as one could ever hope for in a cue-maker.

This is my 2nd custom from Bob. The first one arrived in March 2015 & that cue plays
so great I ordered a bigger custom (Level 8 Design) only 2 mths, after my 1st cue arrived.

Do yourself a favor and consider Bob for your cue-maker.......Again, take a close gander
at my new Bob Owen cue in the Gallery....what a masterpiece design he produced for me.

Thanks Bob.......

Matt B.

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think most of the responses are from people who are actually shooting pool on a steady basis. They have tried a various amount of cues and know what they like in a hit. Not too many people go to the pool hall with a 3-4 thousand dollar cue, Szams, Boars, Blacks, Ginas and others are top of the line cues, but most people dont want to watch their cue like a hawk all night. I go to the pool hall for fun and relaxation not to stressed out over my choice of pool cue for the evening. I bang with a Pierce and a Olney because I like the hit. Upon the same thought I have owned a couple of Black Boars, a truck load of Schons, a really nice Black, etc. We have shooters and we have more expensive cues. I used to take my Boar in all the time. People would ask why I brought such a nice, expensive cue to the pool hall. All cues are made for shooting. I wouldnt own a cue unless I could take to the hall. Does the cue make the man or does the man make the cue ? Closet queens or working tools, we all make our own choice. Happy shooting and collecting to all.

nice one hotrod

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the best custom cue that you used or tried?

Please let us know the playability and deflection of the cue.

So, custom made cue are really better than production cue for you?

here are some list from international cue makers website yet we can add well known cuemakers all over the world.

[URL="]http://www.internationalcuemakers.com/?page=members[/URL]
Alan Scrivner
B D Cues
Bebot Bautista Custom Cues
Bill Schick (HOF)
Bob Meucci (HOF)
Boss Cues
Brantley's Cues
Cameron Cues
Carter Custom Cues
Cash Custom Cues
C B Custom Cues
Chris' Cues
Crown Cues
Cuejo's Customs
Cues By Dave Sucher
CueWorks, etc.
Cuttlefish Cues
C W Custom Cues
Dana Paul Cues
Dan Janes (HOF)
Daron Jacobs
David Paul Kersenbrock (HOF)
D & D Cue Repair
Denali Pool Cues
Dieckman, Cue Builder (HOF)
D P Custom Cues
FC3 Custom Cues
Garath Cue
Gardner Billiards Company
George Phillips
Gerry Pepin
Ginacue - Ernie Gutierrez (HOF)
Gorbenko Andrey
Greg Cribb Cue Repair
Greg's Kues
G.S.B. Cues
Herb Whiffen Cues
Hightower Custom Cues
Jack Flanagan
JAM Sticks
JC Cue Repairs
Jerico Cues
Jimmy Lindmeier
Jim Six
JLC John LaLonde Cues
Joe Porper Originals
Joss Cues LTD
K. F. Cues
King's Custom Cue Repairs
KnobbyCue
Larry Vigus
Lebow Custom Cues
Leonard Bludworth (HOF)
Lewis Creek (Dieckman Legacy Cues)
L. G's Cue Repair
Lomax Custom Cues and Repairs
Longoni Cues
Mallari Custom Cues
Manning Custom Cues
Maple City Billiard Supply
Mark Smith Custom Cues
Martz-Cues
McDermott Cue Mfg., LLC
Meucci Originals
Miami Cues and Tips, LLC
Mike's Billiard Service
Mireles Cues
Nelson Custom Cues
Norman Custom Cues
Norwela Cues
O B Cues
O'Connor Cues
Patrick Custom Cues
Paul Disbennet
Paul Harrison Custom Cues
Pericles Custom Cue
pfd STUDIOS
Phillips Custom Cues
Q F X
Que Perfect Cues
Rocket Cues
Roger Stempel Cues
Sasaki Cue
Schmelke Cues (HOF)
Smitty Cues
South East Cues
South West Cues
Sugartree Customs
Tad's Custom Cue (HOF)
Taylor Custom Cues
The Cue Doctor
The Cue Masters
Thomas Wayne (HOF)
Ting Custom Cues
Triple Cross Cues
True Heart Billiard Cues
Walt Zincavage Custom Cues
WilleeCue
Zimmerman Custom Cues "ZCC"

I have hit with most of the "top" cuemakers,cuemakers hall of fame members, as well as many,many cuemakers not in hof but maybe on theur way. For the type of hit that i love there are only two cuemakers i consider the best i have ever played with. SOUTHWEST and LARRY VIGUS(although i am basing Larrys playability on a six point cue i bought used only about 3 weeks ago (wrote a review in cue reviews) i have played with alor of cues that played fine,but consistently(about 9 cues altogether) southwest have played better to me than anything i have played with. I have liked several rick howards that i have owned as well as about 20 bluegrass cues too. Alot of people say " don,t buy into the hype " of southwest cues but for me it isn,t hype at all,they are the best playing cues to me and the only other maker i would buy to "play" with is vigus. With all that said we know that hit is subjective and to each his own.

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The original open Billiards Market is 20k, this is only the discussion group

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
That's pretty true

its pretty true for dozens of cue makers lmfao

why lists are goofey......and if a custom maker would do any taper and such say, then it wouldn't really matter who made it so long as a player knows wtf they want in general.

never really used a cue from any well known maker that i thought played like chit.....they all hit good. end of story.