Michaela Tabb court case against World Snooker begins

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Michaela Tabb on the 'challenging' 900, her snooker legacy and life since the tour :​

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=00bc66eca22649a69cea28394baf948b

I guess we were wondering what Michaela Tabb was up to nowadays so now we know .
For those like me who had no clue about "The 900", here you go:

For the still uninitiated, The 900 is similar to the Snooker Shoot Out on the professional tour, with 15 minute frames, a 20 second shot clock and a few other tweaks like a spotted cue ball and ball in hand for a foul.

The weekly contests are played Monday-Wednesday from 10pm-1am live on Sporty Stuff TV, hosted by the excellent team of Rachel Casey, Neal Foulds and Lee Richardson, with the likes of Reanne Evans and Ali Carter also popping in.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always thought she was among the best at her job in snooker & pool. Professional and knows her stuff 100%+.

Fatboy Approved

telinoz

Registered
i miss her. stern but with a smile. heard she gone into the pool table business.
Yes, Blackball tables with her husband Ross McInnes.

The business is fine.

Bkackball associations have had a big split this year.
Ross is caught up in it.
Both sides blaming each other..
Result was, two World Championships (there is a thread in Main forum)

telinoz

Registered
Away from her job she’s super nice, I met her and spoke at length at a couple Mosconi cups about 10-12 years ago.
I met Michaela and Ross in my early 20's when I lived in Scotland.
Ross came to open a new Riley centre in Dunfermline, which was the first time I had seen 9ft WPA spec tables.
I was used to playing 7ft 2shot pool, reds, yellows, smaller white.
And some Snooker.

He brought the top 5 UK ranked players, Ross was still number 1 at this stage in late 90's.
You could challenge them all, 1 rack, took me an hour or so to beat them all and Ross then invited me to join DDPL (Dunfermline District Pool League).
His home team, is where Michaela played and she was European Ladies champion at the time.
A year or so later, Ross got the St Andrews Cup, Scottish Pool Masters going and this is when Michaela was a referee.
It was on TV, a big deal at the time... I missed out in qualifying, but Marcus Campbell won his spot and was later known for beating Stephen Hendry 9-0 in a Snooker match.. words were exchanged. Ha ha.

After that, she became a World famous referee.
As I left Scotland in 2000, I lost touch with both of them.
Last saw her in Bendigo, when the first Goldfields open was held in 2011 for professional Snooker.
She has aged well. Ha ha.

I remember all the drama around pay for Woman in Snooker as a referee.
She is still very active in pool and on the Legends tour for Snooker.
Maybe they will reconcile at some point, would be good to see her back on the World Snooker stage.