Help with posting pics

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How are you guys posting pics?
Photobucket was my go to, but it looks like they're charging for 3rd party hosting..
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dale

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How are you guys posting pics?
Photobucket was my go to, but it looks like they're charging for 3rd party hosting..
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dale

One option is just to upload them directly from your pc, but when you do that the pics all go to the end of your post. You can't nest the pics within text as far as I know, but it is an easy alternative. Just scroll down below your post to "Attach files" example:

Attachments

• DSCF0842_s1.jpg
    DSCF0842_s1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 191

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
You can create a photo album or albums and upload photos directly to azbilliards in your profile

They will give you an image code you copy and paste in the comment and the comment will show a nice forum sized picture

And yes you can do this from you phone as well

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can create a photo album or albums and upload photos directly to azbilliards in your profile

They will give you an image code you copy and paste in the comment and the comment will show a nice forum sized picture

And yes you can do this from you phone as well

Thank you. sounds like a good option!

hamandeggers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How I attached photos in the test on first attempt

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=466799

I opened a photo editing program in Windows 10 mine had three. Just open one and look to editing options to reduce the size of the photos. In this case I reduce the pixels to 480 x 800. They all attached without any problems and gave me the layout in the above link. I hope this helps.

hamandeggers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How I attached photos in the test area on my first attempt

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=466799

I opened a photo editing program in Windows 10 mine had three. Just open one and look to editing options to reduce the size of the photos. In this case I reduce the pixels to 480 x 800. They all attached without any problems and gave me the layout in the above link. I hope this helps.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
One option is just to upload them directly from your pc, but when you do that the pics all go to the end of your post. You can't nest the pics within text as far as I know, but it is an easy alternative. Just scroll down below your post to "Attach files" example:
It is easy to place the images where you want. Upload them one at a time using the attach (paper clip) icon pop-up tool. Then position the cursor where you want the image and click on the drop-down arrow just to the right of the paper clip. Click on the image name that you want to place where the cursor is in your editing window.
CropperCapture[1].png

It helps if you name the image files, like "table" "shaft1" and "chalk" rather than leave them as DSC00017 as your system named them.

To upload an image file from your computer, click on the paper clip and a new, small window will appear. From a file browser drag the file onto the "Choose File" button, or click on that button to open a browser. Click "Upload" and the file will be uploaded and appear in the list to choose.
CropperCapture[2].png

If you do not place files explicitly, they will just be lumped together at the end of the message.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fantastic, Bob! There needs to be a good tutorial in AZ that explains the purpose of each icon in detail. I guess it probably exists somewhere but I haven't been able to find it. I didn't realize the uploaded files appear under that paper clip for placement. This makes 3rd party image hosting unnecessary as far as I can tell.