Some news

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
He spent 10 years on a submarine in the Navy, was a carpenter when I was really little, then was an journeyman electrician, and his last job was working in insulation. The COPD started not terribly long after he got covered in liquid spray foam that had spilled.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It would have meant the world to Dad knowing how many people he had helped and touched, as teaching was one of his passions in life.

He knows Jennifer.
He will live forever in the hearts and minds of all those that he touched in the course of his lifetime.

Keep all the loving and good memories of your father close to your heart.
They will bring you though the days that come and will lift your sadness as well as bring a smile to your face.

His AZB family will remember and miss him.

Be well.

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My condolences

My condolences to Neil's family and friends.

His positive contributions to this forum over the years were priceless.

Maybe Mr. Wilson and gang should create a Hall of Fame AZ member honor, shame it comes posthumously.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't know until now, got a pm from his daughter.
R.I.P. Neil, thanks for your contributions to AZ. Rest easy, buddy...............

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh this is sad news :frown: I always enjoyed Neils input on my vids, his insight was very valuable to me. My deepest condolencies... :frown:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm shocked and saddened by this news! Some how I missed it until today. Neil was a good guy who loved pool almost as much, dare I say it, as he loved his faith. We believed in different spirituality but were in agreement about most things related to playing the game we both loved. I will miss him!
Rest in peace, my friend!!

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rip

Just read this... so sorry for your loss, Jennifer...

I know he's upstairs right now... shooting pool with Willie and the Miz ;)

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My God, have been so busy this period that I just noticed, terrible news.
From my exchange of views with Neil here and by reading his posts I can easily testify about his genuine love for our sport.
My condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry, I had this written several times and can't find the words! To be honest hearing this from Jennifer was very difficult for me, he will be missed and Jennifer you're honoring your father well! RIP Neil

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm fairly sure the reason I am only seeing this now is that the thread title didn't say that Neil had passed, just that there was "some news".

Like so many others have said, I'm shocked and saddened to learn about this.

I enjoyed Neil's contributions here very much and considered him a good az friend.

My sincere condolences go out to his family and friends.

RIP Neil.

best,
brian kc

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm fairly sure the reason I am only seeing this now is that the thread title didn't say that Neil had passed, just that there was "some news".

Like so many others have said, I'm shocked and saddened to learn about this.

I enjoyed Neil's contributions here very much and considered him a good az friend.

My sincere condolences go out to his family and friends.

RIP Neil.

best,
brian kc

The same here, I clicked on this thread for the first time...haven't exchanged ideas with Neil in a while, not since the aiming forum discussions.

Very very big loss for this board. Neil would challenge theories and ideas when it came to pool discussions and in doing so, he would make my understanding and learning of the game better.

I'm sure he did the same for many here...from many hotbed discussions, TOI, elbow drop, ghost ball, center to edge...Neil's input was strong and backed by years of experience.

I remember watching some of his videos he did from his basement describing techniques and pool knowledge.
Does anyone have a link to his youtube channel? If I can remember correctly, he listed it under his full name...but I can't find it.

May he play as much as he wants now, under the lights of Heaven and Angels.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I extent my very deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Neil was, for me, a bird of a different color. We often had disagreements but he was always courteous and respectably staunch in his position. He had my respect, which around here, is something often hard to pass out.

Somehow, perhaps in the smallest of comments, he would occasionally mention his medical woes. I never quite understood the nature of them but got that they were serious. Nonetheless he was always in good humor and fine fettle here. I recall emailing him once and saying, in effect, that I didn't know whether he or I would be banned first but regardless, I always appreciated what he had to say. He replied that he would always keep in touch.

Neil was a great player and a huge part of the pool community, in real life and online, and I mourn his passing and am particularly depressed that I didn't know the stoutness of his illness and couldn't have said more in recent days.

God's speed, Neil. You will be missed.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:
Reactions: mvp

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
The same here, I clicked on this thread for the first time...haven't exchanged ideas with Neil in a while, not since the aiming forum discussions.

Very very big loss for this board. Neil would challenge theories and ideas when it came to pool discussions and in doing so, he would make my understanding and learning of the game better.

I'm sure he did the same for many here...from many hotbed discussions, TOI, elbow drop, ghost ball, center to edge...Neil's input was strong and backed by years of experience.

I remember watching some of his videos he did from his basement describing techniques and pool knowledge.
Does anyone have a link to his youtube channel? If I can remember correctly, he listed it under his full name...but I can't find it.

May he play as much as he wants now, under the lights of Heaven and Angels.

Cornelius in technicolor

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC4ye76QOWyo27AQpxQ9we8w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Cornelius in technicolor

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC4ye76QOWyo27AQpxQ9we8w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanx for this connection, GG...I will watch.
Neil and I had interaction early.
When I was pretty new to the place, I flipped out on a poster who was bragging about
dumping his backer...some guys thought it was none of my business...
...Neil stuck up for me.
Couple years later, Neil posted he was packing AZ in...I talked him out of it.

God rest you, good buddy

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neal will be missed here for a long time Lyn...kind of like Chris Cass, another close friend to me personally, as well as the entire forum...who also passed away from a terrible illness. Neal would give you the shirt off his back. RIP friend...:(. On the bright side, see you next week Lyn, as you come back AGAIN to kick ass and take scalps! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

There he is. Thank you for the link, friend.

I will spend some time watching Neil work the table and say some prayers for him and his family.