Digicue

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Anyone here want to share your experience with the Digicue? Considering one. PM me is ok if you don’t want to post here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dchan320

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought the digicue blue (dcb) which arrived yesterday, so I have about 2 hours on it. So far, so good - I like it. Setting it up was fairly straight forward. I do recommend watching the youtube video on how to get the device into the silicone sleeve as it makes it easy. The new dcb in my opinion is a better choice because you get to see what the device detected as a fault versus just getting a buzz and not knowing what for.

The dcb measures the following:
1. finish - time you stay still
2. finesse - speed / power (off by default)
3. straightness
4. tip steer
5. follow through - smoothness/acceleration
6. jab - deceleration
7. backstroke pause (off by default)
8. shot interval (off by default)

There are 4 modes, beginner-intermediate-advanced-custom. I started out with the beginner mode which only had 1-3-4-5-6 in use, finesse/pause/shot-interval are off. I guess I was within the tolerance levels so the dcb hardly buzzed. Right now I'm on the intermediate setting. Suffice to say, my flaws are showing. The dcb is buzzing quite often, lol. The same monitors are used (1-3-4-5-6) but the levels are up a notch in the app/menu system. For example, on finish you had to stay still for 1sec in beginner mode, intermediate mode is 1.5s, advanced 2s.

Personal opinion / review:

I have a home table and not really into performing drills. I just spread 10balls out and go at it. Initially I was looking at the phone after each shot to see what was the issue and try to adjust. After awhile when I got the idea of how to keep the dcb silent, I'll just keep going without reaching for the phone regardless of result. I'm using every ounce of will power to follow-through and stay still for 1.5sec. I have to adjust my stance which affects my view / alignment, all that, because if I didn't - it was not easy to stay still. I had a tendency to pop-up or move my bridge, still do, but it's work in progress.

It is a good aide for me, so I'm a believer.

-Doug

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought one and have to say it's a very useful item. Every measured parameter of the stroke can be customized to fit your own needs, or you can go with the presets for beginner, intermediate, or advanced.

I like that you can turn off any parameter you feel doesn't need work. I like setting the "Finish" on 2.5 seconds to help me stay down longer on every shot. I don't stay down that long every time, but having it set so high helps me try to stay down and not rush or raise up on certain shots. I like the stat history for each parameter on each shot and the ability to delete individual shots from the history, maybe due to having to jab or jump the shot or because of a miscue. But on the miscue you could look for possible stroke errors that could've caused the miscues if it wasn't just due to a poor chalking habit.

Because it monitors and records flaws that you can't usually see or feel in real time, I think it's the best stroke trainer/evaluator I've ever seen or used.

Masseyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got mine this week. Love it! It gives you the feedback you need to improve your stroke.

In my case it helped me work out some bad "Tip steer" issues. And, I always thought I did some things well, but when shown the data, I started working on those also.

If you know that some flaws in your stoke are holding you back, this is a very good training aid to help you determine what they are. Since it is not an instructor it can't tell you how to correct all of them. But, you can't fix the problem until you know what it is.

Masseyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the Digicue Blue is the only that gives you all the stats on your stroke in an app on a phone or tablet.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the Digicue Blue is the only that gives you all the stats on your stroke in an app on a phone or tablet.

NOT the only one. Actually the first by a couple years is the QMD (www.cue-md.com) for both iOS and Android. It has a lot of meaningful, understandable metrics. Here's a screenshot of a recently added metric that's especially useful.

Attachments

• ImpctDistr.jpg
    ImpctDistr.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 233