Pool is second fiddle to cornhole on ESPN

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just watched a few minutes of cornhole on ESPN. A bunch of hicks tossing bean bags at a hole in a Board they took out of their s##t House. How in the world can ESPN show 30 minutes of pure hillbilly tomfoolery and not air professional pool matches?

Last edited:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome! I’m sitting in a bar in Austin tonight and Cornhole-ing comes on ESPN2. I tell myself to take a picture and post it on AZB but then get distracted ordering another beer...

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Just watched a few minutes of cornhole on ESPN. A bunch of Hicks tossing bean bags at a hole in aboard. How in the world can ESPN show 30 minutes of pure hillbilly tomfoolery and not air professional pool matches?

Hey Bill, I posted the same thing on a US Open thread around 8:40 PM. Great minds think alike!

Lyn

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

Just watched a few minutes of cornhole on ESPN. A bunch of Hicks tossing bean bags at a hole in aboard. How in the world can ESPN show 30 minutes of pure hillbilly tomfoolery and not air professional pool matches?

In a sports bar when it came on, I thought it was a commercial or a trailer for a movie until it kept going on and on and on...,

I asked the bar tender to turn up the volume so I could understand WTF we were watching and he said there was nothing to understand, stupid is what stupid does and that sh__t anit sports and he turned the channel!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
9 and 10 balls with the current rules are not a fun thing to watch if you arent a complete pool nut.

no chance ever for a pool return if the current people and players make the decisions.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw that carnival game on ESPN months ago.....very sad. But then again..it's ESPN.

-Kat,

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 and 10 balls with the current rules are not a fun thing to watch if you arent a complete pool nut.

no chance ever for a pool return if the current people and players make the decisions.

How many times does one have to say it ladies and gentlemen? Pool in the U.S. is passe. Go overseas if you want pool. Things change and evolve. Pool is no longer important to capitalists in this country.
It is no longer our time.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But pitching bean bags at a board with holes in it is? Lol I’m pretty sure more people play pool then even know what corn hole is.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there money to be made in this?

:grin:

Cornhole Tournament | APRIL 13 – 15 | Ocean Ballroom
COST: $150 PER TEAM OF TWO ($75 PER TEAM MEMBER)
$15,000 PRIZE POOL!*

DAY 1 – FRIDAY, APRIL 13:

7:00PM – Early Arrivers Team Check-in
followed by $10 blind draw tournament – 80% payout

DAY 2 – SATURDAY, APRIL 14:
8:00AM – Mandatory check-in for all teams that did not check-in on Friday

9:30AM – Group 1 Pool Play

12:00PM – Group 2 Pool Play

3:00PM – Main Event Double Elimination Tournament

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
May be time to become a professional Corn Holer.

:eek:

Cornhole Tournament | APRIL 13 – 15 | Ocean Ballroom
COST: $150 PER TEAM OF TWO ($75 PER TEAM MEMBER)
$15,000 PRIZE POOL!*

DAY 1 – FRIDAY, APRIL 13:

7:00PM – Early Arrivers Team Check-in
followed by $10 blind draw tournament – 80% payout

DAY 2 – SATURDAY, APRIL 14:
8:00AM – Mandatory check-in for all teams that did not check-in on Friday

9:30AM – Group 1 Pool Play

12:00PM – Group 2 Pool Play

3:00PM – Main Event Double Elimination Tournament

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Is there money to be made in this?

:grin:

Tony,

Did you watch? Even for a few minutes? Johnsonville meat products is a nationally distributed product with a TV presence. Who is the biggest name sponsor American pool has? Diamond Billiard Products? Obviously Johnsonville has a target audience and Cornholing reaches it! There were other banners as well but that one stood out.

Lyn

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You want to make money, play darts. World champ won $300,000 euro for winning title. That's a far cry better than cornhole and pool combined. Ask Barry Hearn, he is in charge of that too.