terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mosconi points.jpg

Last edited:

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting. Dechaine made a big move at turning stone. Have to think he is pretty much a lock given his performance last year at the U.S. open. Really hope it's SVB, Dechaine, Bergman, Corey and the 5th spot I'm torn on. I really like Sossei, hall has experience and played decently last year, and I like how Oscar has been challenging himself recently in the fight night matches, and Woodward would be fun to watch as a super young gun.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would not be surprised to see only one change from last year's line up.

Dechaine would replace Schmidt. Corey looks well placed for a top3 finish. Justin Hall's cool demeanour and a creditable performance at the TS event give Mark a bit of leeway and Justin Bergman would have benefitted more if his recent red hot streak had been in MC points events. But a win is a win and this is a situation that brings Mark Wilson captain's picks into action.

That might prove an inspired choice if it allows the players who figured last year to build on the foundations of their team spirit.

Mike will need to break into that scenario if he wants to carve himself an extended Mosconi career

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Sossei and Hall crumple so badly in the big tournaments, I'd love to see Oscar as the 5th with Shane, Mike D, Corey, and maybe Bergman but I don't know about him either.

The "young guns" goof around too much and dogging some of the easy balls they have dogged in the last few showings will get them destroyed quickly at the Mosconi cup.

Hall losing to Shaw at TS told me he shouldn't be at Mosconi.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You're joking right? What logic is that? Every other American that played Shaw also lost so should they not be including in the Mosconi Cup too?

They didn't try to bank out the 9 instead of cutting it to get to the hill breaking.

I know he is a great banker but cutting the 9 ball should be a hanger of he's going to play in the Mosconi Cup.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
They didn't try to bank out the 9 instead of cutting it to get to the hill breaking.

I know he is a great banker but cutting the 9 ball should be a hanger of he's going to play in the Mosconi Cup.

So by that one fault he shouldn't be included on the team? Did you see all his successful banks last year at the Cup, they were clutch as hell.

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
And you say Hall and Sossei crumble in big tournaments, then go on to say you want Oscar on the team. At least Hall and Sossei play in other tournaments, Oscar only plays in the Mezz west and fight night, and if he does play somewhere else, he doesn't finish high. Sossei made the finals of the turning stone in 2013 against Earl. Hall has high finishes including 2014 US Open 9 ball. Please bring facts to your argument.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Justin Hall got knocked out of the US open 8b and 10b fairly early. 1st match of one of them he had forfeited for whatever reason too. One of them, he went 0-2 in.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Justin Hall got knocked out of the US open 8b and 10b fairly early. 1st match of one of them he had forfeited for whatever reason too. One of them, he went 0-2 in.
Hall got 2nd in the US Open 10 Ball

Last edited:

Kris_b1104

Silver Member

Yes because the barbox us open 8 and 10 Ball are more important than his high finishes in the US Open 9 ball and turning stone, which are both played on 9 foot tables. Great comparison :thumbup:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had to pick, regardless of points, and only by watching recent championships, I'd go with.

1) SVB (played really good all year, nice win on the masters)

2) Dechaine (really strong performance on the turning stone, losing first match then dominating all the way until the final, he played really good in the finals but lets be honest he didn't get good rolls, specially in the last two-three innings where he came up with solid shots but scratched, or hooked himself)

3) Corey (I was shocked by his game, he look just like the old corey from the early 2000, I also noticed he changed his stance a bit from how it was back in the 2000's too, he is bending more down just like the old days, few yrs ago he somewhat went with an almost standup position which I didn't like, only old guys do this)

4) Justin Hall (This guy got heart, he really play very good under pressure, and I really love his game)

5) Bergman (I really don't know this guy alot, but he's been dominating the pro's in so many tournaments, new faces is always good for the sport, I can't speak much of him as I said, don't know all all that well, just saw few games and it's solid and people seem to talk high of him to be a becoming up notch player.

Sorry for the long msg, at work and I wanted to write whats in my head :p

Physiqz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty messed up they couldn't add Josh Roberts in the event even though they found room for other players in the event. Josh was in the running until that happened.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would the list look like if all the points won on the bar box events were deducted
(At Large?).
Not TOO different I would wager