I hate playing with a Girl

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played pleanty of guys who can't break for $hit and think defense = playing scared.... It is all part of the game weather it is a girl or a guy.

yeah but those guys are mostly drunk bar players who don't really know what they're doing anyway. most women just don't get pool. the ones i've seen don't have the stroke for it or the drive to learn more and improve.

i really do wish more women would get into the game. the thing is though most women don't seem to have that competitive drive that most men have. we just think different. a man wants to lose weight he hits the gym and starts working out. a woman wants to lose weight the hits up jenny craig or some crazy diet

Last edited:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
We can agree to disagree. Just put together the best all girl team you can think of...??? And then most people can come up with an all guys team that would put a collective Pop Knot on "that" girl team's head. I don't think it's debatable?

And here you go with "exclusivity." I didn't say I'd pick all girls for my team. I merely said I wouldn't rule-out girls, "just because they are girls." Obviously, as a captain, I would do my best fact-finding mission to see who has the skills I need, and select on that basis only. Gender would NOT enter the equation. That is the difference between my stance, and yours.

-Sean

RedEyeJedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably been addressed, but re: "safety breaks" for weak players, I've always thought a spread of clusters favored the stronger player, not the weaker. I'd just play safes and win with ball in hand or three-foul. I don't consider my opinion expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I just don't see the logic in playing that kind of break against a good player. They'll pick you apart; you'd have better odds just hoping for a scratch on the 8. Bad/uninspiring advice from a poor Captain.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also don't understand what the point of this thread is, except Pangit is bored, has no life and feels he must start stupid threads all the time.

Everyone knows that males are superior in almost every sport except child bearing, when that spost is played at its highest level.

When you're talking about bangers, its not worth discussing.

Thats life, that's just the way it is.

Get used to it or die. :D

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You call it "Silly" I call it "realistic".

Blind Captain, choosing teams, playground style, a slice of humanity. Don't know anything about any potential team members?

You choose a guy every-time. The law of averages.

So let's continue to be 'realistic.' According to your 'facts,' that would mean that men are spending more time on a pool table than women. So, who's making the better contribution to humanity?

Are you proud of the notion that men can put little balls in little holes more frequently than women?

Pangit

Banned
Laugh it up...There is NO Denying Men are better pool players than women... Put forth some sort of proof to the opposite....Please.

Sure the "odd" girl does okay in some open pro tourneys. Not many. Just think if Mikka/Efren/Francisio/Darren/Ralf/...etal...throw in some of the Chinese/Taiwanese players... the list goes on and on. "If" they were allowed to play in Pro "girl" tourney. Won't happen....too embarrassing It would be a total whitewash.

The girls would get pummeled.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't care

I also don't understand what the point of this thread is, except Pangit is bored, has no life and feels he must start stupid threads all the time.

Everyone knows that males are superior in almost every sport except child bearing, when that spost is played at its highest level.

When you're talking about bangers, its not worth discussing.

Thats life, that's just the way it is.

Get used to it or die. :D

I don't care what level they are playing child bearing on, I'm going to concede before that game starts!!!

Hu

TheThaiger

Banned
really? i thought he would be godly like over there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpc5_3B5xdk

Absolutely despised. He died alone in a dingy flat, with his body undiscovered for days, I think. He was shunned by all but a few close friends.

In recent years there's been a bit of guilt about it, however, with many people feeling he was harshly treated. He was seen to epitomise the 'bad ole days' of casual sexism/racism, a throwback to less enlightened times. 'Alternative' comedians forged entire careers - and huge bank balances for themselves in the process - on attacking him.

In our current post-PC world, he's regaining popularity and I expect his 'successor' to become very popular indeed. There's a big opportunity for any comic that ditches the shackles of political correctness and introduces harmless fun/acceptable filth into his act.

The tyranny is nearly over and we will breath again. And, hopefully, be able to laugh again, without the gestapo looking over our shoulders, telling us what's funny.

incognito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And where did you get these statistics from? There are plenty of men who play bar pool who know nothing about safety play either. I played against several of them last night. You could use that same arbitrary number you came up with on many groups of men too regarding safety play.

First of all, 92 percent of the pool playings Girls don't even know what a safety is, let alone intentionally play one. Of the remaining 8 percent that knows what safety is... "how" to play the game...most are on TV.

This makes no sense whatsoever. They must be putting way too much fluoride in your local drinking water.

Weak assed breaks. "When" I played League, I used to Coach the "girls" up... playing a superior player...just put a little one pocket/straight pool break on him. Keep the cluster tight... It keeps you in the game longer and frustrating the Hell out of him when he knows he should whitewash ya. You might get lucky.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same problem. Many men that I play haven't got the slightest clue how to play the game right. They take wild whacks at shots where they shouldn't and I wind up with no shot. It takes forever to beat them, and sometimes when they win by luck, the other girls laugh at me for losing.

What are we to do? Such problems.

try playing at a pool hall and not a bar. to be honest that's about how most bar players play. iv'e only run into a few women in pool rooms that actually take their game serious.

since childhood boys are taught to play games where there's a specific winner. most girls that play just play because it's fun. i actually matched up with this chick about a month ago. we played a couple cheap sets and they were clsoe but i won. anyway she said something that really made me respect her. after the 2nd set she quit and i said "if you want we don't gotta bet nothing. we can just play for fun" she said "i may be smiling when i play but don't get confused. I don't play for fun!"lol. coolest chick ever!

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that true? I've seen literally hundreds of female pool players and not one could play. Even those that are paid to play all day, every day, are pretty poor when they realise their opponent can play a bit. Some can cue straight and have decent fundamentals, but have little authority and zero mental strength. Why is this?
Where in the world to you play pool? It sure isn't from my neck of the woods. You should start going to real pool halls and stop hanging out at the local taverns or pubs where the main function is to drink, get drunk, and troll, instead of play pool. I gotta agree with Scott Lee this is a nitt statement and only really shows you like stirring the pot, and making stupid statements while not adding any real value to the thread.:rolleyes: I guess women should be seen and not heard.......you know barefoot and in the kitchen. I would encourage you to get out of the 50's and come into the new century, but of course that is your choice.:smile:

TheThaiger

Banned
Where in the world to you play pool? It sure isn't from my neck of the woods. You should start going to real pool halls and stop hanging out at the local taverns or pubs where the main function is to drink, get drunk, and troll, instead of play pool. I gotta agree with Scott Lee this is a nitt statement and only really shows you like stirring the pot, and making stupid statements while not adding any real value to the thread.:rolleyes: I guess women should be seen and not heard.......you know barefoot and in the kitchen. I would encourage you to get out of the 50's and come into the new century, but of course that is your choice.:smile:

:grin:

Actually, given Pangit's resident in Asia, I had in mind the pool halls of Thailand, where there are hundreds of girls who are PAID to play, and still can't. Most are mechanically sound and can point 'n' poke ok, but few can really master a CB and even fewer have any mental strength whatsoever.

Observations are entirely based on your level of play, obviously.

As for women being seen and not heard, we can all dream, eh?

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have the same problem. Many men that I play haven't got the slightest clue how to play the game right. They take wild whacks at shots where they shouldn't and I wind up with no shot. It takes forever to beat them, and sometimes when they win by luck, the other girls laugh at me for losing.

What are we to do? Such problems.

try playing at a pool hall and not a bar. to be honest that's about how most bar players play. iv'e only run into a few women in pool rooms that actually take their game serious.

[...]

Sam:

Fran's being sarcastic, at the expense of the OP and others still stuck in the 1950s (and IMHO, she did quite well). I'm sure an instructor/player of Fran's caliber plays in "real" pool halls, against "real" men, and holds her own. ;)

-Sean

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
We live in a post PC world, Sean. I would say it is you that is stuck in a previous decade.

Actually, it isn't a situation of being "politically correct," Tim. It's rather an issue of treating your fellow human beings (regardless of race or gender) fairly. I would think that latter part is TIMELESS.

Having the ability (or right) to say something, is different from the content itself. Sure, you can say anything you want. But whether you like it or not (and given other parameters, obviously), you *are* measured by what comes out of your mouth, or from your fingers on a keyboard. That has nothing to do with being "politically correct."

"Going against PC" is just your umbrella phrase -- an evasive one -- for you to hide behind.

-Sean