CTE pro one DVD

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Boom!

I'm having good success with banking using CTE but I still pick the wrong visual at times. I'm really looking forward to Stan's book to clear up my errors in the process. I'm also very curious on how combination visuals are acquired. I can't see how to set them up. Now that I'm comfortable with the 'hitting the hole' part, I'm anxious to explore the more esoteric aspects of CTE. If he wants some noise I'll give him a Tsar Bomba 50 megaton blast. Just hope my head doesn't explode when I dive into his tome.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong,
John is a friend of CTE! --A supporter for anyone that makes efforts in advancing the idea of CTE aiming.
-John got my first DVD but John also had his version of CTE that is clearly evident and dated by his online videos. John did not learn my material. He expressed that to me. He was well versed in his own methods of how he used CTE. His understanding and application of my knowledge of CTE is still on a learning burner.

I have clarified this on more than one occasion but you feel the need to keep slanting what really happened.

Stan Shuffett

Yes, I know you've spoken to this topic before.

However, what you're saying directly contradicts what John has said. After his time with you he claimed his game had improved two balls as a result -- he said he was making shots from everywhere. Two weeks later during the match, I don't know if you can hear it on the tape, but after making a couple of tough shots he crows about how great the system is. And after the match, once again I don't know if you can hear it on the tape, but Pat Fleming left the camera rolling for quite a while and John approaches me and asks if I'd spend time with you to learn your system.

So all in all, while you may feel, perhaps rightly so, that John was doing his own thing, John felt he was using what you'd taught him.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John is a big boy. He was ready to play you again just recently. Why did you stop yourself from playing?

Stan Shuffett

Three reasons:

First, I didn't generally feel the need to subject myself to months of his abuse again. I put up with it once, won fair and square, and have nothing to prove.

Second, while I was marginally entertaining a rematch, he said his terms were "non-negotiable." While I, as the winner of our first match, would have been amenable to granting him a lot of leeway when it came to the terms of a rematch, he wouldn't budge off the non-negotiable. That was a non-starter.

Third, around the end of last year I tore the meniscus in my left knee. Had it drained and shot up but was kinda hobbled. Then I tore the meniscus in my right knee and my left was still bad. Had both knees drained and shot up just a few weeks ago. (I get bonus points for the plantar fasciitis I developed in my right foot stomping all over Europe for three weeks last summer and which still bothers me.)

I'm getting better but basically my knees are really torturing my pool shooting stance and nowadays I'm playing pretty poorly as a result. I also can't spent hours and hours walking around a table.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know John, but would be curious to know if HE blames Stan for his failings? Not knowing anything about the history here, I'd have to leave the instructor blameless here. Unless someone forced John to take CTE lessons at gun point, and then forced him to use it prematurely before he's got it locked down, he's responsible for his own actions.

No, he does not blame Stan.

I know he's big boy and all but if someone I considered a friend/supporter came to me two weeks before a big match or tournament and asked me to teach him something like a new PSR -- I'd have to tell him no, because to change something significant without sufficient time to "burn it in" is just begging for disaster.

But that's just me.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
No, he does not blame Stan.

I know he's big boy and all but if someone I considered a friend/supporter came to me two weeks before a big match or tournament and asked me to teach him something like a new PSR -- I'd have to tell him no, because to change something significant without sufficient time to "burn it in" is just begging for disaster.

But that's just me.

Lou Figueroa

Yes, that is NOT the way to go. The brain is totally on the new stuff and that overrides muscle memory. Been there, done that.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been watching Youtube videos trying to unlock the secret to CTE. Watched Howard Berger's videos showing 1/2 ball pivot. On a left hand cut he aligns the cue from left edge of CB to B on the OB, then he pulls back and pivots 1/2 ball over to middle CB and it goes right in. What has happened to the 1/2 ball pivot? I've watched the first DVD Pro 1 and I didn't see Stan mention it.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been watching Youtube videos trying to unlock the secret to CTE. Watched Howard Berger's videos showing 1/2 ball pivot. On a left hand cut he aligns the cue from left edge of CB to B on the OB, then he pulls back and pivots 1/2 ball over to middle CB and it goes right in. What has happened to the 1/2 ball pivot? I've watched the first DVD Pro 1 and I didn't see Stan mention it.

If you want to know how Stan does it, watch Stan do it. This other guy is just doing some CTE pivot that has nothing to do with Pro 1.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
If you want to know how Stan does it, watch Stan do it. This other guy is just doing some CTE pivot that has nothing to do with Pro 1.

Crap! I finally found a pivot that I could do and it's wrong. Now, I just paused the DVD. I'm watching Stan shoot left cuts into the corner pocket. He states that he perceives left edge CB to A, CCB to right edge. Then he states he is not behind either of those lines! As he is coming down he states his eyes move to the right. How am I supposed to learn from that? If he's not behind either of the perceived lines, couldn't he state what line he is behind? Then, coming down, he states: "my eyes move to the right". Why? How much? Then, his moves into the cue ball both come in from the left even though he describes one as coming in from the right. How did anyone get this?

Last edited:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crap! I finally found a pivot that I could do and it's wrong. Now, I just paused the DVD. I'm watching Stan shoot left cuts into the corner pocket. He states that he perceives left edge CB to A, CCB to right edge. Then he states he is not behind either of those lines! As he is coming down he states his eyes move to the right. How am I supposed to learn from that? If he's not behind either of the perceived lines, couldn't he state what line he is behind? Then, coming down, he states: "my eyes move to the right". Why? How much? Then, his moves into the cue ball both come in from the left even though he describes one as coming in from the right. How did anyone get this?

In BOLD.

This is why Stan states that it's best for new learners to do the manual sweeps for a while. It's really important to not skip this exercise.

When Stan does the Pro1 sweeps he is coming down on Center Cue Ball with his cue whether it be a left sweep or a right sweep.

The cue ball is the target once you come down on cue ball center. Your eyes have lead your body to a FIXED cue ball it's only necessary then to let your eyes bring you straight down on the FIXED cue ball. Don't look for a contact point on the object ball, there isn't one. :)

Just don't let your eyes try to find a contact point on the object ball. It's all visual, and has been hard for an old object ball contact player like me to rap my head around. Ya, just have to run with it.

See ya in August. :)

John

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
In BOLD.

This is why Stan states that it's best for new learners to do the manual sweeps for a while. It's really important to not skip this exercise.

When Stan does the Pro1 sweeps he is coming down on Center Cue Ball with his cue whether it be a left sweep or a right sweep.

The cue ball is the target once you come down on cue ball center. Don't look for a contact point on the object ball.

Just don't let your eyes try to find a contact point on the object ball. It's all visual, and has been hard for an old object ball contact player like me to rap my head around. Ya, just have to run with it.

See ya in August. :)

John

Boy, you have your work cut out! I may be unteachable. Stan and the guys on here have me convinced there is something to it though. If I can look at the CB last and still make the OB, I'm in! Can't wait to shoot balls in the center of the pocket from behind a curtain too.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boy, you have your work cut out! I may be unteachable. Stan and the guys on here have me convinced there is something to it though. If I can look at the CB last and still make the OB, I'm in! Can't wait to shoot balls in the center of the pocket from behind a curtain too.

Hang in there. I've had DVD2 since first release, have watched it may times and have watch all of Stan's YouTube videos many times. It took me probably more than a year to start to catch on and I still have a lot of practicing to do before it becomes automatic.

I would like to get good enough with CTE to be able to "see and do" with out any thought.

I wish he would do a video titled "CTE for Dummies" :) this would help a lot of folks interested.

John

Michael S

Registered
I learned CTE several years ago with the DVDs and learned from Stan in 2013. I swear by this aiming system and await his book.

As for the question of looking at the Cueball or Object ball last, go with your instinct. OR try both and see what feels more natural. Do not go against your grain. In my experience, very close up shots require the cue ball last--to prevent fouling. Before CTE, I always looked at the CB last. Now post CTE, I look at the CB to almost the last instant, then look at the OB go to the pocket.

MalibuMike

Banned
I totally agree!!!!!!!!

I want to see more. Your youtube videos are very good.
I will buy your book and I think you're really on to something with your CTE.
Just ignore the troublemakers...they're in every poolroom.
The moderator said to report them and that's what I do, every time there's hostility.

I totally agree, I was shown just the basics in one day and my game improved... Especially 14.1 where you can not miss, and sometimes I see the Ghost ball point wrong or just flub it! If I could just use this method on half my shots my game would improve.. I hate dumb misses, so anything that will help my aim I'm all for!
Stan you seem to be the man everyone is pointing to!
Please send me your info on all your instructional DVD's a books, material, training aids ect. Awesome!
Merry Christmas!
Thanks!

Attachments

• js.jpg
    js.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 153
  • str81.jpg
    str81.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 156

MalibuMike

Banned
Dear Mr. Shuffet, I have seen some of your youtube video's would like

Wrong,
John is a friend of CTE! --A supporter for anyone that makes efforts in advancing the idea of CTE aiming.
-John got my first DVD but John also had his version of CTE that is clearly evident and dated by his online videos. John did not learn my material. He expressed that to me. He was well versed in his own methods of how he used CTE. His understanding and application of my knowledge of CTE is still on a learning burner.

I have clarified this on more than one occasion but you feel the need to keep slanting what really happened.

Stan Shuffett

Dear Mr. Shuffet,
I have seen some of your youtube video's and have already seen an improvement in my aim, it has given me much confidence, especially when sitting cold during a long 14.1 run by an opponent.
Anyways I was wondering where the best place to purchase you DVD Pro or any books. Some of the places I shop on-line are out of stock.
Are you selling any Dvd's or training Items?
Thank you sir and many blessing in the New Year!
Mike Murphy

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Mr. Shuffet,
I have seen some of your youtube video's and have already seen an improvement in my aim, it has given me much confidence, especially when sitting cold during a long 14.1 run by an opponent.
Anyways I was wondering where the best place to purchase you DVD Pro or any books. Some of the places I shop on-line are out of stock.
Mike Murphy

Stan doesn't visit AZ Billiards any more. I'm sure you can reach him at his website.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Mr. Shuffet,
Mike Murphy

You can purchase the DVD's direct at http://www.justcueit.com/

Stan's book isn't out yet, likely will be available around the middle of next year.

MalibuMike

Banned
thank you!

I will have to wait for payday a week from tomorrow as Christmas wiped me out!
Thank you, I will PM when ready.
Mike