Derby City 14.1 Challenge, 2010

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A brief flash about the results so far after three of four qualifying days.

John Schmidt had a 206 in practice. He has the highest official run with a 156. In second is Ralph Eckert from Germany with a 111. Johnny Archer had a 115 in practice, but is not in the final 8 yet. He has six more attempts available. The lowest of the top 8 right now is Charlie Williams with a 57.

Wednesday is the final day of qualifying attempts. The top 8 will play in a single-elimination tournament to 100 points.

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Thanks for the update Bob. These runs are phenomenal. How they're putting these numbers up on the Diamonds, I have no idea.

If you had to estimate what percent of the attempts are "failures", i.e., runs that don't even make it out of the first rack, what would you say? I'm curious where the median would lie - somewhere in the upper 30s or somewhere in the teens?

Thanks for your generous support of these events, Bob.

- Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Awesome...............

Is this what we have forward to in our challenge in Valley Forge ?????

I Really hope So!!!!

Steve

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing Cohen and Ortmann stayed in Europe due to the conflicting schedule.

Is Hohmann there?

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Final 8

Bobby Hunter hit an 84 on his last try and Charlie Williams, in the wee hours of the morning hit a 92. They join John Schmidt (156), Johnny Archer (146) * who dropped out due to his commitments in Europe, Ralph Eckert (111), Corey Deuel (99), Beau Runningen (91), Alex Pagulayan (83) and Stevie Moore (74).

Charlie and Beau play in a few minutes and Corey and Alex a little later today.

Tomorrow matches are Schmidt/Moore; Eckert/Hunter. Hopefully on the Accustats tv table. Finals Saturday.

Dennis

p.s. The numbers are from memory and may be off a few but matchups are correct.

Last edited:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Bobby Hunter hit an 84 on his last try and Charlie Williams, in the wee hours of the morning hit a 92. They join John Schmidt (156), Johnny Archer (146) * who dropped out due to his commitments in Europe, Ralph Eckert (111), Corey Deuel (99), Beau Runningen (91), Alex Pagulayan (83) and Stevie Moore (74).

Charlie and Beu play in a few minutes and Corey and Alex a little later today.

Tomorrow matches are Schmidt/Moore; Eckert/Hunter. Hopefully on the Accustats tv table. Finals Saturday.

Dennis

p.s. The numbers are from memory and may be off a few but matchups are correct.

Thanks for the updates Dennis. It eases the pain of not being there.

Next year... I'll do it next year. Somehow that sounds familiar.... an echo? :rolleyes::confused: :groucho:

But this time I MEAN it!! :groucho: :groucho: :groucho:

(If the new dog allows it)

Attachments

• P1010776.jpg
    P1010776.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
AWESOME, is the only word that discribes that !!!!

I cant wait for the VF 14.1 challenge

Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I bought tonight stream, hopefully Schmidtie duplicates or does one better against Williams.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey Dennis,

i see you texting on the sidelines, please refrain from cell phone usage during 14.1 match play.........

Steve