American Rotation in Dallas/Fort Worth area?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have the latest / best info on any American Rotation leagues in or around the Fort Worth/Dallas area? Thanks!

plane_o

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just started a 10 man league out of the Billiard Den in Richardson. Call Doc Reyes @ OB cues for info. He also runs the Dallas8ball BCA league.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks plano_o. I'll give him a call. Anyone know of AmRo closer to me in the Fort Worth area?

Joe T

Thanks plano_o. I'll give him a call. Anyone know of AmRo closer to me in the Fort Worth area?

I had dropped off info at Rusty's, Whitten's and Rack Daddy's. Maybe if you inquired at one of those places we could start a list of players in that area. Really would like to see Fort Worth, Round Rock San Antonio and Houston on board.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, Joe! I will call/drop by Witten's this week and see what the latest info is since that is very close to us. Whitten's has great Gold Crowns, no-smoking and awesome food every time we've been there and would make a perfect venue for an American Rotation league IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Joe T

Wish they had some around here

Lets try to make the wish happen. Get yourself and 3 others together and go play a little round robin among yourselves and interest will generate from there. Learn the game, play the game and I believe you'll be surprised how easy 10 people can be united. I'll be here if you need me.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I'd be happy to play a game with anyone in the Fort Worth area. I have yet to actually play a game though...

Wittens is relatively close to me.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm game for my first American Rotation match at Witten's this Thursday Oct 30th 3pm or so until 630p and/or anytime Friday up until 6pm.

Last edited:

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I'm game for my first American Rotation match at Witten's this Thursday Oct 30th 3pm or so until 630p and/or anytime Friday up until 6pm.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can get out that early as I generally work until 5:30-6:00pm. Maybe we can try a weekend sometime if you have time.

Joe, did you do away with the "first rack" rule of no BIH after the break? Most of the videos (and the one you linked here) I've seen show the winner of the lag breaking and taking BIH in the first rack.

[EDIT] Nevermind Joe, I was looking at the old rules on your website. Official rules are here.

Last edited:

Tarheel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
American Rotation Question

I’ve just started to learn the American Rotation game and the few times I have played it I found it to be a great game. I’ve also watched a few YouTube videos to get a better feel for the nuances of the game. I’m hoping someone can give me a little clarification regarding the first break. In one set of rules I have read that after the first break the player at the table takes ball in hand and in another set of rules the player at the table must play the balls as they lie (shoot, push, safe). Also, regarding the first break, I have read that the player who did not break first breaks the next game and continues alternating break and in other rules the player who makes the last ball on the table breaks the second rack and thereafter they alternate. What are the correct rules regarding the first break? Any help greatly appreciated.

Joe T

Its alternating break with ball in hand after the break in every single rack.
Sorry about the confusion but we switched it to this 6 months in so there are still some of the old rules out there.