OB challenge by CSI finally at youtube.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Th2rUc4Rq4

Orcollo vs Chang Tiger challenge first part. 9-ball race to 21.

That was one of best matches have seen this year. Top notch rivetting stuff
It followed a 4 quarters script
1st quarter Chang leading
2nd quarter Dennis caught up and led
3rd quarter Both fighting for lead with Dennis prevailing and ahead at 18-15
4th quarter Chang turns on his high gear and runs a 6 pack to win the match 21-18
:grin:

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm frequent YouTube user and one channel I subscribe is CSI YouTube channel..
And today finally I noticed they put match up: Efren\Django vs Deuel\Dechaine 8-ball race
to 21
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ET8NTAZTk0s

There was also Orcollo vs Chang also.. :cool:

The quality of this is nice.

If you listen carefully around the 45 minute mark (as Efren is missing a shot on a two ball off the rail), Ken tries to say something aside to Bobby. However, he is not off-mic as much as he thinks.

He remarks something along the lines of: "There's a defect in these Cyclops balls. It's the cueball. The owner of the Cyclop company knows about it. It's the logo. If the logo is on the right side and you shoot it slowly, the ball goes to the left."

Just found that funny.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He remarks something along the lines of: "There's a defect in these Cyclops balls. It's the cueball. The owner of the Cyclop company knows about it. It's the logo. If the logo is on the right side and you shoot it slowly, the ball goes to the left."
I think there's something to what he says, but I think the opposite is true. The CB curves to the side where the logo is located.

Look at Mike's shot at 12:33 where he overruns position. You can clearly see the logo on the left side of the CB as it rolls, and how the CB veers off to the left.

And look at Busty's shot at 13:30 after the CB comes off the rail. The logo is on the left side of the CB and the CB curves substantially to the left.

That's pretty ridiculous. Do all cyclops CBs do that?

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just found that funny.

Obvious during the Dennis/Chang match as well. At first I thought the table had a horrible roll, but then noticed that there was no consistency to the roll. Way too much to be a "cloth roll," so I suspected the cueball...but nice to have confirmation by Bobby.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4th quarter Chang turns on his high gear and runs a 6 pack to win the match 21-18

Saw the whole thing in person. Unfortunately I bet on Orcullo but it was worth it to watch Chang's finish. Great match by both players.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'll pass for now

may be it was a good match eventually but those first 8 game was about as bad as I would like to see. And i'll still no fun watching america play scotch doubles also, it looks like league with them always talking and telling each other what and where like they're not both pros. All i'm saying is efren and them weren't do that as much and the europeans even less, just look at neils and mika play in the world cup.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I just watched the finish. Dennis ran a 3-pack to go ahead 18-15. Dennis made 3 balls on the break in Game 34, but he then played a poor safety on the 1-ball. Chang ran out the match from there -- 21-18. So Chang won the final 6 games, but his B&R package was 5 (Games 35 through 39).

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watched the Corey/Dechaine vs. Efren/Busty. Enjoyed it. One complaint, the main announcer needs to cut back on trying to be the star by telling the audience how he would do every run. Some of it is OK, but about 90% of his commentary is how he would run the rack.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I enjoyed watching the 8 ball and have started to watch the 9 ball.
Nice quality with good commentary.

9baller90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watched the Corey/Dechaine vs. Efren/Busty. Enjoyed it. One complaint, the main announcer needs to cut back on trying to be the star by telling the audience how he would do every run. Some of it is OK, but about 90% of his commentary is how he would run the rack.

agreed, i rahter listen to mike and corey talk, i was laughing pretty good at what they were talking about sometimes lol.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obvious during the Dennis/Chang match as well. At first I thought the table had a horrible roll, but then noticed that there was no consistency to the roll. Way too much to be a "cloth roll," so I suspected the cueball...but nice to have confirmation by Bobby.

Well... when looking for something, you often find it.

I would not consider cotton an authority on the matter, dr Dave though, I would.

Unless there is scientific evidence proving the weight distribution of the ball is not uniform, it is all blumbo jmumbo.

I recall complaints about the red circle, the measel and now this one, upon initial introduction. The masses don't like change and to me- at this point- this is nothing more than realizing the new isn't the old.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Shane really gave away the match. I don't know how many times he scratched on the break but it was ridiculous. Ko played good to stay in it and at 17:17 he got a really great roll off a SVB safety. A 2 pack at 19:17 sealed the deal. I'd happily go all in if Shane and Ko played a race to 100. I think Shane is the better player and would prevail. Ko is super strong and not a half ball under Shane but I still think Shane has the edge.

Thanks CSI for providing these great matches. And thanks to the sponsors for being a part of them.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well... when looking for something, you often find it.
-------
The masses don't like change and to me- at this point- this is nothing more than realizing the new isn't the old.

You seem to be implying that I am somehow biased against these new Cyclops balls. The truth is exactly the opposite: I happen to be among the minority in liking the cheerful pastel colors, and think the logo looks pretty cool. I'd take it over the measles cueball ANY day.

No one is saying that based on 2 youtube matches the Cyclops cueball is definitively defective...but there were several instances where it rolled off exactly as described by Cotton, with the logo facing into the roll. In fact, every time the camera is close enough to catch the logo on a roll, the direction is consistent with the logo side of the ball.

Now it could be just that one cueball. Or it could just be a coincidence. But I would bet that after noticing the way the cueball rolled off a few times, that table was checked for level, AND after determining it wasn't the table, the cueball was swapped out with another. There is no way that Cotton was the only one who noticed the way that cueball is rolling off, it's not a subtle roll at all.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You seem to be implying that I am somehow biased against these new Cyclops balls. The truth is exactly the opposite: I happen to be among the minority in liking the cheerful pastel colors, and think the logo looks pretty cool. I'd take it over the measles cueball ANY day.

No one is saying that based on 2 youtube matches the Cyclops cueball is definitively defective...but there were several instances where it rolled off exactly as described by Cotton, with the logo facing into the roll. In fact, every time the camera is close enough to catch the logo on a roll, the direction is consistent with the logo side of the ball.

Now it could be just that one cueball. Or it could just be a coincidence. But I would bet that after noticing the way the cueball rolled off a few times, that table was checked for level, AND after determining it wasn't the table, the cueball was swapped out with another. There is no way that Cotton was the only one who noticed the way that cueball is rolling off, it's not a subtle roll at all.

What a great reply,. I will give you 10% of the money I am getting from a Nigerian lawyer.

mgripy

Registered
Good about time. Now if only Accu-stats will do same for US Open :smile:

2nd that its crazy you cant even buy a live stream that happened a few weeks ago. And word is it was an epic final. Wake up accustats could be make tons of dough.