Wifes leaving me,Should I let her take Her cue?

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stumped on this one:confused:.I made my soon to be x wife of 9 years a very nice custom cue 8 years back and now shes leaving me.Should I let her have it?Suggestions ..thoughts.

Last edited:

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Let her have it

Its hers. Look at the bright side. Now you will have time to become a world beater.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
It's hers... so yeah... unless she doesnt want it.

...I've never been through something like this thank god, but you're getting a divorce, is who keeps a pool cue really important?

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having been through a divorce myself, albeit a very civil one, just let her keep it. It's absolutely not worth adding any additional stress over. And besides, what will you do with it, it's not like you'll need anything reminding you of her down the road. Gifts given are best left given.

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has alot of value to me.I may never make another cue,let alone as nice.I'll replace it with a meucci,i'm not a *****.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stumped on this one:confused:.I made my soon to be x wife of 9 years a very nice custom cue a 8 years back and now shes leaving me.Should I let her have it?Suggestions ..thoughts.[/QU

Let her have it. There will be much greater problems ahead if you divorce goes anything like mine.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was so happy

to get a divorce, not only did i give my ex a cue, i told her if she would just sign the damn papers, i would make her another one whenever she wanted.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
I was 25 and fresh out of law school and working. My gf was living in another city and we had drifted apart. I ended it and it started to get ugly because most of my stuff was back at her place. I spoke with my Mom that week and she gave me the best advice. "Just let it go". I remembered I was very upset but when I just decided to tell the ex ok thats fine, you can have all of that" that the ex lost all power over me in terms of controlling my emotions. Thats really the thing I guess, whether you decide to let her actions control you in a negative fashion emotionally. Best of days to you in the future, im sure there will be happier moments just around the corner.

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just looking for thoughts.Honestly, if I got it back it would be cut up and burnt so I never would have to see it.This started off peaceful but not convinced that's the way she wants to go.Should she claim stake in a family pool table that the kids use to?

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
What? Why are you asking such a question? Did you not say you made it for her? Where in your mind do you feel it isn't hers?

Regretting you made her a cue doesn't make it not hers anymore.

I gave my granddaughter a new Playstation a while back. Ya know, even at my age, sometimes I get the urge to try to play a playstation game. Waddia think, should I take it back from her? ...... I did see her stick her tongue out at me once.

Treat it like you would treat a cue you want from anyone. If it doesn't hold any special value to her, ask her if you could buy her a production cue in exchange. Let her pick out the new cue. Maybe she doesn't even want a pool cue, see what she wants for it, buy it from her.

Geez .. you have to ask about this? You knew the answer to this ..

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
...if I got it back it would be cut up and burnt so I never would have to see it....

Wouldnt you get the same results if you just let her keep it? Or would you run into her at the poolhall/league/grocery store and she would have it with her...

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to get a divorce, not only did i give my ex a cue, i told her if she would just sign the damn papers, i would make her another one whenever she wanted.

:)

If there were no kids involved I would a walked away from this months ago..

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Be fair throughout the process, let her have the cue or she may find ways to give you the shaft:frown:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're coming to AzB to ask divorce advice and you don't like the answers you're getting? I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but does that type of attitude having anything to do with her leaving?

I've given gifts to plenty of people over the years, I've never taken any back.

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not asking divorce advice.Just looking for opinions from pool shooters that care about the game.I'm trying to laugh and smile and a few posts here helped.Thanks