Pool Sharks Reality Show

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Check out what Blair Thein is cooking up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgcvG4IZzW4

It's Fatboy vs Showtime (you DON'T NEED TO KNOW who HE is)! All that matters is that he has a Harley-Davidson bag full of casssh, but clearly not as big as Fatboy's Louis Vuitton bag filled with bricks, based on the size of the Fatster's house (holy shit). In a television world filled up with storage auctions, tuna fishing and the Kardashians, I'm hoping pool gets a little exposure with some prime-time chirping.

It looks like Lee Brett, Max Eberle, Rodney, Rob Saez and Jerry T will be featured as well. Personally, I'm hoping they can squeak in Scooter & Company because I'd watch him chirp for hours with my feet up on the recliner, totally love'n it.

Before someone says, "Oh my God, that will only give pool a black eye," just remember: Pool doesn't have ANY eyes to make black and conservative pool is boring pool. Pool never exceeded it's popularity during the times of The Hustler and The Color of Money, which focused on gambling, drugs, slutty women and of course pool thrown in the mix. Personally, I think that pool should embrace it's scumbag roots and use those roots to create a little drama because drama sells. If everyone dressed up like Ben Stein and combed their hair to their side and did nothing but played perfectly and shake hands, people would continue to not give a shit.

If the Kardashians don't give women a bad name, then Showtime will hopefully put pool back in prime-time.

The She Sharks reel will be released next week with Rachael Abbink, Ming and the crew. Those chicks could hustle me any time!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
"They call me Fat Boy, Biggest FKing Gambler in the pool world, bar none.

Pfffft.

Too WWF for me.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Has the feel of "The Godfather" movies. Tough guys with very deep pockets who'll mow you down if they must.

We'll see how it goes.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
This shit should be on TV....

Right now, they have some reality show called The Crisley's about some rich guy and his family of dorks,,,,of course the father is obviously gay (at least to me )but it appears the wife doesn't know it yet ....might be the dumbest show I've ever seen but gets 1.5 million viewers watch it......

I made it thru 15 minutes, and that was it....

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most pathetic shit I have ever watched!
This is sementing the stereotype douchebag, loudmouth gambler jerk image pool is already suffering from.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This shit should be on TV....

Right now, they have some reality show called The Crisley's about some rich guy and his family of dorks,,,,of course the father is obviously gay (at least to me )but it appears the wife doesn't know it yet ....might be the dumbest show I've ever seen but gets 1.5 million viewers watch it......

I made it thru 15 minutes, and that was it....

I had to look up WTF that Crisley guy did to deserve a reality show... he's just a flamboyantly (supposedly not) gay dude who played the real estate flipping game and made money at it. Who in the country is watching that crap?

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regarding the Pool Sharks show, I'll watch it. If it's like any other show I've been into before, it'll tone down on the cheesy part and those involved will become less forced in the acting department.

Also, I'll be more than happy to play the part of hapless sucker. I'm a natural!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I had to look up WTF that Crisley guy did to deserve a reality show... he's just a flamboyantly (supposedly not) gay dude who played the real estate flipping game and made money at it. Who in the country is watching that crap?

Exactly? Who thought to put a real estate guy on TV that does not show him selling real estate....with a pretty boring family and nothing funny is ever said......and yeah, that dude is gay. :grin:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I like the concept. To add though I'd like to see a little more natural vibe. A good example is Scooter barking at Shane. Another was when Shane got Hennessee to play even on the bar table and someone doing the pool commentary was giving his rendition of what Shane was saying to Hennessee. Something along the lines of "bet 5 thousand" . I know it's hard to be there when it all goes down but pool has it's own script when the right characters are around. Some of the funniest moments in my life have been courtesy of two or three people trying to match up. I'm all for it. I think this side of pool is what's most appealing to the public. I'm not saying this is the image that's best but it's the image that will sale.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I like it. As much as I enjoy pool, I fall asleep watching pro matches where everybody is quiet and polite.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Discovery Channel recently aired a show with professional poker players, Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari, called Underground Poker.

I didn't catch the whole thing, but the premise seems to be they travel around looking for underground poker games to play in. How much is reality and how much is scripted, I don't actually know for sure. Here's the trailer for the show. It seems like a similar concept but with poker instead.

One thing I'll say about this pool show is that I think in order for it be successful, the viewers need someone to root for. From the trailer, both Fatboy and Showtime look to be pompous douchebags, and personally I don't see myself rooting for either one.

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn't look to be about pool, just high rollin each other.

Is that how it was back in the day, when Little Earl played Siegal the first time? Three days, on a table in a barn.

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's an idea...
...Good or bad, time will tell?
:thumbup:

It looks FUN as long as they don't take themselves TOO seriously!
Do these boys have a website? I can knock up something quite bling if not
Also what kind of match ups are they gonna be doing?
If the boys concerned want to PM then I'll gladly share some thoughts and ideas on this concept.
Let's be positive!