Has Miguel Torres been suspended from the Verhoeven Open?

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Miguel Torres is one of the sweetest souls I know. His new pool hall will be opening soon. When it does I for one intend to swing down and play a few games with the maestro.

Last edited:

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Miguel Torres is one of the sweetest souls I know. His new pool hall will be opening soon. When it does I for one intend to swing down and play a few games with the maestro.

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Could you give any information for those of us like myself who know nothing of the situation/conflict?

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfair?

Isn't it a little unfair to Miguel to start a thread like this which casts aspersions on him and then say nothing further? Leaving it like this casts a permanent shadow over the guy, IMO.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Last edited:

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Save the drama for your mama.
You may have taken a back seat to the politics but you are leader of the pack to win a daytime emmy for a soap opera.

Miguel is very easy to get in touch with, ask him yourself. Apparantly you have not tried hard enough.
You have connections in the industry, you could sniff ass all day long and get the info you wanted, why start a thread like this.

You are the last person I would tell.

Kindergarten starts in September, they have a special chair for you.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have removed almost all of my posting. I wish everyone well.

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have removed almost all of my posting. I wish everyone well.

Wow, now that the damage is done you run away and hide? Leaving behind a thread title that will always be there, accusing and casting aspersions on someone you claim to admire?

I cannot fathom why you would do this, casting aspersions on a guy and then destroying any respect you have built up for yourself. You can't un-ring this bell.

Juanuribe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is from Miguel Torres, a very good friend of mine, he gave me permission to post it, if you want his phone # and talk to him personally, PM me
Dear Michael Kang, Charlie Brown, billiard fans and Players, please accept my deepest apologies for my mistake and embarrassing situation in the last verhoven open (2015) where I allowed myself lo let an opponent win the match in order for him to advanced to the main draw.
I want all of you to know how terribly sorry i am for my poor judgement during this event. If there was any good that came out of this unfortunate experience. It is that i have grown and learned alternative approaches to these situations, once again i am very sorry and hope that you can forgive me and hopefully you can see me play next year.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Miguel Torres

Last edited:

Juanuribe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This letter is from Miguel Torres, He gave me permission to post it here, If you want to talk to him PM me and i will give you his phone #, Thank you

Dear Michael Kang, Charlie Brown, billiard fans and Players, please accept my deepest apologies for my mistake and embarrasing situation in the last verhoven open (2015) where I allowed myself lo let an opponent win the match in order for him to advanced to the main draw.
I want all of you to know how terribly sorry i am for my poor judment during this event. If there was any good that came out of this unfortunate experience. It is that i have grown and learned alternative approches to these situations, once again i am very sorry and hope that you can forgive me and hopefully you can see me play next year.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Miguel Torres

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Juanuribe,

Thank you. Please send me Miguel's phone number at my email address zen_steve@comcast.net or give him my number 616-530-8665. Both his #'s I had for him did not work.

He knows I would never do anything to hurt him. I certainly will never use this site to get info. on anyone.

Thank you my friend,
Steve

Last edited: