What is the goofiest game you have ever played?

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me it was "Dot Pool".

We would play 9-ball, and the winner got to use the tip of his cue stick and make a big blue dot on the loser's face.

Doesn't sound so bad, but when the room is crowded and you have to stand there while the other person takes their time to slowly make a dot on your face for maximum effect...well...hilarity ensued, I can assure you.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I'm not sure.
I was playing pool in a room I didn't recognize, although one I felt very comfortable in. Did you ever have a feeling like that?
Anyway, I was standing along side a table and next to me was Madonna, and we were both naked except for our shoes. Madonna was wearing a worn out pair of pink sneakers, and I had on wingtips. We were flipping coins for the break.
Madonna won the toss and bent over the table to break. For some strange reason Like A Virgin started running through my head. "Touched for the very first time"......
She looked at me with electric eyes. "Your shot Trampy."
I didn't know what to do. I was powerless. Completely enthralled by her sensuality. I said to myself, "This has got to be a dream."
Turns out it was. You know how in dreams the scenes can change from one to the next in the twinkling of an eye? Well, all of a sudden, there I was playing One Pocket with Madeleine Albright, in the middle of the Democratic National Convention.
I woke up screaming. :smile:

Last edited:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bar pool rules, hands down goofiest for me.

Pales in comparison to your "dot" pool. That is twisted and hysterical. I may have to play some of that.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speed pool but the CB MUST still be rolling when you hit it so stop shots weren't allowed

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't get over spot pool. If we play, you need to give me some weight, say three spots.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Go on the road with Big John for a day and you'll see games you never knew existed.

For me it was "Dot Pool".

We would play 9-ball, and the winner got to use the tip of his cue stick and make a big blue dot on the loser's face.

Doesn't sound so bad, but when the room is crowded and you have to stand there while the other person takes their time to slowly make a dot on your face for maximum effect...well...hilarity ensued, I can assure you.

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
last pocket 8-ball

In Canada lots of the bars still play last pocket 8-ball with no ball in hand. Player is not required to hit anything so he can just roll the cueball away on his shot and leave you stuck so then you just continue to shove the cueball around for ever until one of you gets pissed-off enough to quit, my favourite shot is to run my balls and then shoot the other guys last ball in the side and watch him snap and start yelling! Stupidest game I have ever seen.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
In Canada lots of the bars still play last pocket 8-ball with no ball in hand. Player is not required to hit anything so he can just roll the cueball away on his shot and leave you stuck so then you just continue to shove the cueball around for ever until one of you gets pissed-off enough to quit, my favourite shot is to run my balls and then shoot the other guys last ball in the side and watch him snap and start yelling! Stupidest game I have ever seen.

Falcon's Nest.....Scarborough, early 80s.....they had an Australian 4x8....snooker cut
pockets....snooker size object balls.....golf ball size cue ball.

Their 8-ball rules were...if you hooked yourself on the 8 and missed...loss of game.

I rarely drink but got talked into going by a bunch of friends.
....the pool table was a challenge thing....they played for drinks....
...so I said I was gonna see how long I could hold the table without making a ball....
...I would get the 8-ball surrounded by my group and carom their balls near a pocket.

Held the table for about ten games....gave most of the drinks away...had 3 or 4 myself.
.....these guys were terrible players.

I finally quit.....one of my buddies tells me I can't quit....haven't lost yet.
....told him "See that chick at the bar...weighs like 183...looks like she killed her last three
husbands with an axe?....She's starting to look alright to me....gonna check into Rehab...
....I'm outta here."

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's called cribbage. You need to pocket a ball and then the next ball needs to add up to 15 (1 + 14 = 15) for one point and to continue. If you miss the pocketed ball is spotted.

I would have said Cowboy, but I find that kind of fun every few months to break things up...

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
At a party, we played 8-ball but each player had to be doing the Funky Chicken dance during the shot or it would be a "foul". LOL, true story.

Dave

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Probably mum pool. It's played by any number -- more than 5 is good -- using more or less standard rules. The special rules:

Draw for order. Shoot in order. First player breaks a full 15-ball rack. Any object ball is a legal target.
If you foul you are out of that game.
It is a foul to take more than one shot on your turn whether you make a ball or not.
It is a foul to speak.
It is a foul to chalk.
All of the standard fouls (scratch, no cushion) are fouls.
It is a foul to rest your cue on the floor.
It is a foul to shoot out of order.
It is a foul to make the last object ball on the table. (It spots up when made.)
Last person in the game is the winner.

Sign language is OK. Speaking is OK for the players already out of the game but anyone still playing must remain silent. I suppose grunting is a foul.

According to one on-line source people have been known to gamble at this game. It is a good way to shut up the loudmouths in the group.

I suppose it is useful to have names written on a chalk board in order to avoid arguments.