Training you brain to be able to imagine the shot .

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Speed, spin will play a big part of a bank shot. What to do when the natural bank is blocked?

It's the starting point, the natural angle. Of course each shot requires, perhaps, a slight deviation
from that starting point, but first a guy needs the starting point tp know how to adjust.

That mirror won't fit in my cue case!:cool:

Jeff Livingston

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Mirror

Speed, spin will play a big part of a bank shot. What to do when the natural bank is blocked?

I am sorry the league was coming in to play which I didn't know.
I didn't have time to photograph the set of 3 mirror's .
The picture of the one mirror is one of 3 mirrors .

So I just post a picture of one mirror being used.

3 mirrors makes it possible to see up to 3 rail kick and bank shots .

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
At one time Bart Mahoney was selling a mirror that was useful both for bank shots and for looking straight back at your cue alignment. It had its own "legs" so that it could stand over the path of the ball. Also, for the bank shot it could be positioned at the rail groove which is the reflection point for the ball. It was only about 9 inches wide, IIRC.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Mirros

At one time Bart Mahoney was selling a mirror that was useful both for bank shots and for looking straight back at your cue alignment. It had its own "legs" so that it could stand over the path of the ball. Also, for the bank shot it could be positioned at the rail groove which is the reflection point for the ball. It was only about 9 inches wide, IIRC.

The wide mirrors makes it to where you can practice a wider verity of bank kicks shots where you don't have to position the balls back in the exact same spot everytime.

The mirror's have to be placed flush or slightly past the edge of the rail so the mirror and the image in the reflection is at the right angles also had to be elevated so the ball doesn't hit the mirror..

Last edited:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
The mirrors are messing me up. I would rather just see the natural angle through the table with no mirrors.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Mirror's

I think there's a such thing as mirrors that install under your rails for this purpose.

I haven't tried the mirrors under the rail , but the image would be extremely narrow field of view and if you are more of a up rite shooter the mirror will not show the reflection of the pocket.
That's just a guess after working with this these mirrors.

This mirror pivots for the persons stance regardless if you are down on the ball like SVB or a stand up shooter like Minnesota Fats .

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Mirror

I think there's a such thing as mirrors that install under your rails for this purpose.

Not out to be negative but in order to get the angle needed the mirror has to be flush with the rail .
I don't see how that would be possible and still practice hitting the rail where the mirror is under the rail .

Also some bank kick shots are drilled hard into the rail that is possible to be done with these mirrors .

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
When do you anticipate they will be available for sale? Have you set pricing yet?

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stainless works for a quick idea of spot

I had read about the mirror alignment and got a small (8" X 6") piece of stainless and use a large paper clip (the black ones with the 2 silver handles; not sure what you call them but they are only about 2" long and 3/4" wide; they are flat and stand on the rail holding the stainless lengthwise. Not 100 percent but a great practice tool to help you see the right spot.

The other method I like is to just imagine the target pocket about 3 1/2 feet past the rail and aim for the imaginary (ghost) pocket.

Of course there's many variations of finding the spot to hit.

Sometimes, I am lucky and just see it in my mind's eye.

Great idea; I like your setup.

Now, someone will ask if it's legal in league or match play.

Regards
Dave

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Nurse: Doctor, there's a blind man in the waiting room.

Dr.: Tell him he can't see me now.

Jeff Livingston

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd end up miscuing and smashing the damned thing ending up with another 7 years of being screwed at the table :mad::mad::mad: