Mickey Holiday's Remembrance

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played pool at Park Billiards Academy on Corlies Avenue in Neptune, New Jersey. The owner, Sam "One Poke" Fauver, was reputed to have a high run in straight pool of over four hundred balls! He said he knew Willie Mosconi and years later I asked Willie about "Poke" and he confirmed their friendship and his prowess as a player.

At that time I started to learn more about the game from Poke and from his protégé "Fast Eddie" Sontag and others like Ernie Lager and Butch Wright. And I used to beat Joe Frady before he began to shoot the lights out.

I copied this from your site. I knew this guy and I played at Park Billiards during this time frame. I knew all these guys he mentioned.
Sam "One Poke " Fauver claimed a high run of 426. Ernie Lager was a pretty good player but just a notch under the best at that time.Eddie Sontag became a heroin addict and died quite young. Joe Frady was just a kid at that time and had yet to become a world class player. Yup that sure brings back memories.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Water Lock the player formally known as Measureman

New photos and text have been added to the interview link. Water Lock, Mickey Holiday is trying to get in touch with you. Send me a note or write me at Matt Sherman and I'll put you in touch to talk about old times!

Thanks.

rubberheels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember Me?

I played pool at Park Billiards Academy on Corlies Avenue in Neptune, New Jersey. The owner, Sam "One Poke" Fauver, was reputed to have a high run in straight pool of over four hundred balls! He said he knew Willie Mosconi and years later I asked Willie about "Poke" and he confirmed their friendship and his prowess as a player.

At that time I started to learn more about the game from Poke and from his protégé "Fast Eddie" Sontag and others like Ernie Lager and Butch Wright. And I used to beat Joe Frady before he began to shoot the lights out.

I copied this from your site. I knew this guy and I played at Park Billiards during this time frame. I knew all these guys he mentioned.
Sam "One Poke " Fauver claimed a high run of 426. Ernie Lager was a pretty good player but just a notch under the best at that time.Eddie Sontag became a heroin addict and died quite young. Joe Frady was just a kid at that time and had yet to become a world class player. Yup that sure brings back memories.

This has to be my old friend Bruce T. from lucky Q. Have not seen you since the 80's. Not many guys left. Good Luck! Larry Nickerson

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has to be my old friend Bruce T. from lucky Q. Have not seen you since the 80's. Not many guys left. Good Luck! Larry Nickerson

Yes Larry it's me. How are you? Funny how you see someones posts and not know who they are. I'm still kicking at 65 and playing. I don't play quite like I used to but pretty close. I'm a couple days a week player now. Hanging out in the pool rooms every night just got old.
You could send me A PM and bring me up to date on the old guys from back then if you like.Be well buddy.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Anyone wanting to touch base with Mickey Holiday, please do send me a private e-mail. He'd love to talk to the old gang...

Thanks!

Jim Kenny

I also was a park billiards alum. I remember micky was in the jaywalkers. You were a little older than I. joe Frady and I were very good friends. do you remember Mouse, Saint,Elmer, Young Blood, Mike Todd, just to name a few? Those were really good times