Safety frozen to rail

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please explain in full detail the ruling on playing a safety on an object ball frozen to a
rail. Ed
either
the ball frozen to the rail has to leave the rail and then touch another rail (it can come back to the same rail)
or
the cue ball has to hit a rail after it touches the frozen object ball
that is my understanding of the rules

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
either
the ball frozen to the rail has to leave the rail and then touch another rail (it can come back to the same rail)
or

Right again bbb. Simple.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Legal Safety

either
or

It is my impression that the frozen ball must touch another rail (cushion) to be considered a legal safety. It can only return to the rail (cushion) to which it is originally frozen and count as a legal safety after it has contacted another rail (cushion). In other words, no shooting the frozen ball lightly and having it go down the rail and roll back to the original rail as your safety.

I was confused by what the phrase in parenthesis was intended to mean.

Shoot straight.

slim123

any ball has to touch a rail after the object ball is shot it can be the object ball , hitting the same rail, a different rail, the cue ball hitting a rail or any other ball hitting a rail