Video Encyclopedia of Nine-ball and Ten-ball (VENT)

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am happy to announce that Bob Jewett and I just released the Video Encyclopedia of Nine-ball and Ten-ball (VENT), a new 5-disc instructional DVD set. VENT teaches all of the skills, knowledge and strategy you need to excel at 9-ball and 10-ball.

For an overview of VENT, see the video trailer that introduces the whole series.

Here's a detailed outline of the entire series listing every topic and technique covered.

The DVDs are available for purchase in high-resolution streamed format through YouTube and we are taking pre-orders for the physical DVDs (they will be available soon).

FYI, I will be posting video excerpts from each Disc on this thread over the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned.

I hope you enjoy and benefit from VENT. Bob and I have been working hard on this project over the last 6 months, and we are excited to hear what people think.

Regards,
Dave

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't wait to add the VENT collection to the library, Dave --- and thanks again for such great resources that you and Bob have produced for the students of the game, sir!

~ K.

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't wait to add the VENT collection to the library, Dave --- and thanks again for such great resources that you and Bob have produced for the students of the game, sir!
K,

Thank you ... and you're welcome. We aim to swerve. :grin-square:

I think VENT is the best work I have done to date, so I am excited to see how it is received by the students of the game out there.

Best regards,
Dave

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I read the title of your thread and wondered
What is DrDave going to vent about?
Does he mean vent ,or rant?
Glad to see those concerns quelled!
Keep on doing what you do, your efforts are appreciated.:thumbup::thumbup::smile:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I read the title of your thread and wondered
What is DrDave going to vent about?
Does he mean vent ,or rant?
Glad to see those concerns quelled!
Keep on doing what you do, your efforts are appreciated.:thumbup::thumbup::smile:
VENT = Video Encyclopedia of Nine-ball and Ten-ball

Although, after one learns from VENT, one will no longer need to vent frustrations from missing shots or having poor strategy. :grin-square:

Regards and thanks,
Dave

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to VERG but at the last minute decided to VENT.

I got the video series via YouTube because I get all of Dr. Dave & Bob's stuff. Looks good from what I've seen so far.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was going to VERG but at the last minute decided to VENT.
VERG (Video Encyclopedia of Rotation Games) was the title Bob and I had in mind during the planning and filming stages of the project, but we decided to change it to VENT (Video Encyclopedia of Nine-ball and Ten-ball) during final production. I'm glad we switched, because many people don't know what "rotation games" mean, and VENT sounds much cooler. Although, I was a little bummed that I can no longer use the marketing line: "VERG will help put you on the verge of excellence." :(

I got the video series via YouTube because I get all of Dr. Dave & Bob's stuff. Looks good from what I've seen so far.
I'm glad to hear this. Thank you.

Please share your honest feedback and reviews after you get a chance to view the videos. I hope others will also do the same.

Thanks again,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
VERG (Video Encyclopedia of Rotation Games) was the title Bob and I had in mind during the planning and filming stages of the project, but we decided to change it to VENT (Video Encyclopedia of Nine-ball and Ten-ball) during final production. I'm glad we switched, because many people don't know what "rotation games" mean, and VENT sounds much cooler. Although, I was a little bummed that I can no longer use the marketing line: "VERG will help put you on the verge of excellence." :(
How about this instead:
"Stop venting frustration from poor play, get VENT." :grin-square:

Regards,
Dave

troi

more lucky than good...
Silver Member
Looks like another solid set of material added to a great instructional series.

So is there a VESP up next?

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like another solid set of material added to a great instructional series.
Thanks.

So is there a VESP up next?
I'm sure Bob would be all over that since straight pool is his strongest game, but he's got to convince me first. I honestly don't think there would be much of a market for VESP.

VEOP is probably also worth considering, but I think I've had enough VE for a while now. These projects take a lot of time, work, and expense to plan, film, and produce.

Regards,
Dave

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
Thanks.

I'm sure Bob would be all over that since straight pool is his strongest game, but he's got to convince me first. I honestly don't think there would be much of a market for VESP.

VEOP is probably also worth considering, but I think I've had enough VE for a while now. These projects take a lot of time, work, and expense to plan, film, and produce.

Regards,
Dave

I already bought VENT. If you guys do a VESP, I'll pre-order it now. As for the work you put into it, it shows in the final product. You have some of the best, if not THE best material on the planet today. Thanks for all you do!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I already bought VENT. If you guys do a VESP, I'll pre-order it now. As for the work you put into it, it shows in the final product. You have some of the best, if not THE best material on the planet today. Thanks for all you do!

You're welcome ... and thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

I hope you enjoy and benefit from VENT. Please let us know what you think after you work through the entire series.

Best regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's a review of Disc I from another thread:

Just finished watching disc 1 "Breaking." And I can see room owners all over the world cursing Dr Dave and Bob. And I couldn't help but to chuckle when I saw how they created their own rack template. It appears to be a great way to go, but when knot-heads start doing this on other people's equipment, owners are going to get mad.

The topics are covered in the style of all Dr Dave's other videos. They show plenty of repetition to show that they can replicate the info. But, it appears that the cloth is new. I think older cloth and worn balls create difficulty to replicate the consistency of the break shot. A point that they mention.

The info that is provided is very informative and comprehensive. Although there is more detailed info out from some sections, they cover the most relavent topics. For instance, dealing with Gaps. They did make notice that more info is out with Joe Tucker and Charly Bond.

Overall, it's the most information on breaking 9 or 10 ball that I've seen. Most of the info is out there, but not in one place. Also, they show some new things that I haven't seen before like differences in top spin and bottom spin on certain breaks. Certain angles that balls follow depending angle of cue ball hit. I think SVB talked briefly about this in 10 ball, but they give more detail. Also they illustrate the different breaks well, compared to other videos on the subject. However, I was hoping that they may touch on the BreakRak. Still this video gives more important breaking info for the dollar (19.95) than any other video that I've seen on the subject.

If anybody else out there has watched any of the VENT Discs on YouTube, please post your honest feedback and review.

Thanks,
Dave